Looking for something on other side at top of tank

Suggestion on easy forgiving sps

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can grow green slimer, try another acro. West side tort is easy, grows fast.
IMG_20231127_181412927.jpg

There are a lot of easier acro you can try. Most are older and don't cost an arm and a leg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always do another acro since you are doing well with the green slammer. If you’re looking for something easier than an acro, I would recommend stylophora or montipora digitata.
I second this.
IMG_5161.jpeg

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros are always going to be hardest.

The easiest SPS is going to be some type of birdsnest or stylophora. Montis I’d say are next with branching or plating varieties so it’s nice to have some variety. I’d leave acros for last if you do well with everything else.

If you’re just starting with SPS, I wouldn’t start with acros. You may have short term success but something will likely happen causing it to die and you’ll not know what happened. Then if you try to investigate, changing stuff, you’ll probably tick off other things. Just go slow, start easy, and do acros when you’re sure you’re ready. Or, go with acros, and if it doesn’t go well (and all other corals are healthy) be very cautious about changes you make.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back