Easy to use quality camera?

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what would be a less expensive, easy to use camera that could take some nice aquarium shots that could capture the true colors of corals? Currently my cellphone actually gets more accurate color shots than my digital camera, of course the camera gets better detail, just bad color.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should clarify inexpensive=around $300 range. The last camera I looked at I believe was a nikon d3000... looked pretty complicated to me.

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pentex would probably be the best entry level "good" camera to go with. that is was i use and i got it on sale for 350. pentex k100d

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The canon Xs is extimated to be dropping down MAJORLY in price,very simple camera to work.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pentex would probably be the best entry level "good" camera to go with. that is was i use and i got it on sale for 350. pentex k100d
So can you get some pretty good up close(macro) shots with the base lens or would I have to buy a different one.

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best camera on market for price is panasonic Lumix HDavchd lite. I own it and it takes great pictures, has great zoom and the video with zoom it takes is amazing. Can't go wrong. Read some reviews on it.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best camera on market for price is panasonic Lumix HDavchd lite. I own it and it takes great pictures, has great zoom and the video with zoom it takes is amazing. Can't go wrong. Read some reviews on it.

Thank you fellow tcmas member, I will definantely be looking into that and the pentax.

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So can you get some pretty good up close(macro) shots with the base lens or would I have to buy a different one.

you saw the pictures of my other thread right? that was the basic lens that came with the camera...no photoshop or anything. also its my first camera so i'm still learning and a huge newbie with photography

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i still think they sell the wined up kind at walmart that would be my suggestion :smile: i would go canon or sony first choice canon

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe bkoppes and mimic(cool movie by the way) should post some pics(provided they have time to kill) they have taken with their respectable cameras and we'll see who's camera(and skills) is better....;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back