EasySPS food

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped using it almost a year ago. The doser lines started getting clogged frequently with salt crystals. I haven't noticed much of a difference since stopping it. I'm getting similar growth, PE and coloration with just phosphate dosing alone.

It also sucks that they dodged my questions about their internal data about how effective EasySPS was and never actually posted the "scientific studies" they stated they were going to.
Did you happen to notice any alk consumption change when you stopped since you run an alkatronic? That seems to be about the most effective way we have in the hobby to indicate significant growth.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped dosing it after I ran out of the 1.5L bags. My alk consumption is much less, although I have less cyano issue.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to notice any alk consumption change when you stopped since you run an alkatronic? That seems to be about the most effective way we have in the hobby to indicate significant growth.
Honestly, not much has ever made any short-term meaningful changes to my alk consumption. Only trend I've noticed is needing to increase alk dosing as corals got larger.

Pablo mentioned posting data about increased growth from EasySPS and EasyBooster in November of 2021, citing studies from FUNDEMAR and SECORE international but never got around to it.
Próximamente aportaremos información científica relacionada con Easysps y Easybooster, las primeras gráficas se muestra como se incrementa el crecimiento de forma significativa en la investigación que se llevó a cabo en el laboratorio de FUNDEMAR y en los sustratos del SECORE International, con polipos primarios sin zooxanthelas.
I think my next project is to dig into the peer reviewed and published literature and see if any of the accessible publications from either institutes mention EasySPS/EasyBooster.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, not much has ever made any short-term meaningful changes to my alk consumption. Only trend I've noticed is needing to increase alk dosing as corals got larger.

Pablo mentioned posting data about increased growth from EasySPS and EasyBooster in November of 2021, citing studies from FUNDEMAR and SECORE international but never got around to it.

I think my next project is to dig into the peer reviewed and published literature and see if any of the accessible publications from either institutes mention EasySPS/EasyBooster.
Good to know. I also didn’t see and Alk change when I stopped using it. I do see a dramatic change if I bottomed out phosphate or nitrate or when I foolishly used vibrant.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stoped well over a year ago as well. I found my dosing lines would clog up and was a pain to clear.Did It help? Not sure.
I now grow my own phyto and I do see results with it. More Pods, Less cleaning of the glass, Polyp extension and lower NO3 and PO4

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stoped well over a year ago as well. I found my dosing lines would clog up and was a pain to clear.Did It help? Not sure.
I now grow my own phyto and I do see results with it. More Pods, Less cleaning of the glass, Polyp extension and lower NO3 and PO4
Which phyto you grow?

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a clarification: EasySPS is NOT phyto. It is "a premium mixture of natural marine plankton in a mineral suspension" according to their description. EasyBooster is the phyto product.

The idea as I understand it is that Easybooster provides phyto for the lower end of the food chain, ie copepods while the EasySPS is supposed to be coral food.

I have no doubt on the results I have from dosing Easybooster. My copepod population has increased by a lot (I've been dosing it for several years now). And my Mandarin is very fat! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

However I can't confirm that the EasySPS actually adds to the health/growth of SPS corals (I've been dosing that for several years as well). I'm starting to suspect that it may have less benefit than I initially thought and that it does add phosphates to the tank. I have reduced the dosing of this product by about half and do notice a decrease in phosphate levels in the tank while I still can't keep up with the growth of my corals.

I will decrease even further my dosing of EasySPS and see what the results are. If phosphates continue to decrease and corals continue to be very healthy I will then stop dosing it and see what happens.

But for the EasyBooster, if you do not have the time/energy/equipment to culture your own live phyto, this is an excellent alternative!!

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a clarification: EasySPS is NOT phyto. It is "a premium mixture of natural marine plankton in a mineral suspension" according to their description. EasyBooster is the phyto product.

The idea as I understand it is that Easybooster provides phyto for the lower end of the food chain, ie copepods while the EasySPS is supposed to be coral food.

I have no doubt on the results I have from dosing Easybooster. My copepod population has increased by a lot (I've been dosing it for several years now). And my Mandarin is very fat! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

However I can't confirm that the EasySPS actually adds to the health/growth of SPS corals (I've been dosing that for several years as well). I'm starting to suspect that it may have less benefit than I initially thought and that it does add phosphates to the tank. I have reduced the dosing of this product by about half and do notice a decrease in phosphate levels in the tank while I still can't keep up with the growth of my corals.

I will decrease even further my dosing of EasySPS and see what the results are. If phosphates continue to decrease and corals continue to be very healthy I will then stop dosing it and see what happens.

But for the EasyBooster, if you do not have the time/energy/equipment to culture your own live phyto, this is an excellent alternative!!
Thanks keep us updated

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back