EB 832 not responding

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After apex update EB 832 is dead in the water the power lights are on but everything connected to it is off , its showing 000 across the board on fusion wav's are off heater ext... What happened ??? Scrambling to find heater with thermostat and spare wave pumps ....

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opened up a ticket with neptune systems and did everything they sent to troubleshoot to no avail .... Any thoughts ???

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune systems wants me to send the unit in ....Anyone had any experience with sending the EB832 in for repairs ?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? I've never sent anything in for repairs - I assume Neptune had you disconnect the EB832 from everything and power it down?

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? I've never sent anything in for repairs - I assume Neptune had you disconnect the EB832 from everything and power it down?
One year old ...... Neptune sent a pdf on trying to resolve the issue . I ran the firmware update and the unit stopped working all the lights were on the unit itself had power but nothing was working including wav pumps ....

Goomba_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just am going through an EB832 issue as well.
I had intermittent outlet issues.
I opened a ticket and got a reply back.
The IC was replaced.
Neptune was great and i think the repair is fair as mine is over a year old as well.
Cost me the same as it would in the US as Neptune was awesome with the shipping price sent back to me!
Fast responses as well.

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just am going through an EB832 issue as well.
I had intermittent outlet issues.
I opened a ticket and got a reply back.
The IC was replaced.
Neptune was great and i think the repair is fair as mine is over a year old as well.
Cost me the same as it would in the US as Neptune was awesome with the shipping price sent back to me!
Fast responses as well.
I'm in the dark about what exactly happened ...... It's good to know there is a speedy turnaround . I will send the unit out Monday after i reroute the aqueous cables and hook up the low voltage adapter to keep the head unit and modules going . Im glad I have a couple of vortec wave pumps running . I wander if the heater might have shorted the a relay or control board ? Or if the firmware fried something ?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little distressing that the 832 seems to be twitcher than the older 8. I suppose doing more stuff means more vulnerability.

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little distressing that the 832 seems to be twitcher than the older 8. I suppose doing more stuff means more vulnerability.
Yea .... it's scary that a firmware update could make the unit go haywire ! They are too expensive to just have them just sitting around as a backup .... I have an old unit connected and it still works like a champ ! I was able to get the main systems back up and running without the EB832 with exception of the wav pumps and other minor backups and float switches .

Goomba_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree. Just glad they are fast and fair with pricing.

Yea .... it's scary that a firmware update could make the unit go haywire ! They are too expensive to just have them just sitting around as a backup .... I have an old unit connected and it still works like a champ ! I was able to get the main systems back up and running without the EB832 with exception of the wav pumps and other minor backups and float switches .

So true but I also had this issue when I tried to update an older AI Hydra with my Apex AWM. Basically bricked that light.

Saltwater is just hard on equipment. That's why all my apex and pump controllers are on the outside of my stand.
The EB832 was a used unit kept inside the stand.

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i updated the software in fusion and my lights started switching on and off. fuge light came on hour early. then 2 days later fusion says update back to the version i just updated so i did , no problems since. I look at fusion last night and now it wants me to update again. I left it alone everything seems to be working.

OP
OP
Streetdoc77

Streetdoc77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I defiantly won't be doing firmware updates while I'm not home . Mine is hardwired to the modem and updates aren't done over wifi .

Back