EB832 European Market?

Niels V

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Europe we are still awaiting the product release of the EB832 that has been introduced in the US in 2016. We are using the 2016 apex controller base unit, but with the EB6 we aren’t able to monitor power consumption (which is a great feature). Does anyone have information if Neptunes still plans to bring the EB832 to the European market, and when Neptunes expect to do so.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Europe we are still awaiting the product release of the EB832 that has been introduced in the US in 2016. We are using the 2016 apex controller base unit, but with the EB6 we aren’t able to monitor power consumption (which is a great feature). Does anyone have information if Neptunes still plans to bring the EB832 to the European market, and when Neptunes expect to do so.
I know there are a few challenges. One is that the 220V outlets are larger in size than the 120V outlets. They haven't come out and said so but I think the warranty requirements in the EU are also a problem. For equipment like this the EU requires a warranty well beyond what Neptune offers in the US. My guess is that the requirement for warranty replacement based on "what a customer can reasonably expect" makes a product like this harder to offer in Europe. In the US, Neptune offers a 1 year warranty. That would have to be at least a 2 year warranty in the EU which would add to the cost/risk. If someone could argue that a this is a power strip which they could "reasonably expect" to last 5 years, Neptune would have to honor that. My guess is that this technology isn't robust enough to risk that exposure, but just a guess.

Superlightman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now we are in 2021 and still nothing for Europe ,I just bought on Apex and bad surprise it came with an EB6 wich make it nit possible to monitor the power comsuption,one if the reasons I buy it! on all their publicity and website they says what the apex can do and show the EB832.But when you order it you receive an Eb6 wich has not all this function! As an newbie you totally ignore this as it is nowhere written that you will get a machine with less function and for the same price and even no link port!!

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now we are in 2021 and still nothing for Europe ,I just bought on Apex and bad surprise it came with an EB6 wich make it nit possible to monitor the power comsuption,one if the reasons I buy it! on all their publicity and website they says what the apex can do and show the EB832.But when you order it you receive an Eb6 wich has not all this function! As an newbie you totally ignore this as it is nowhere written that you will get a machine with less function and for the same price and even no link port!!

I gave up and bought a GHL, cancelling an order for a Trident. 2016 controller and additional DOS units. A number of UK customers, including myself were banned by Neptune from their support group for repeatedly asking about the EB832 for Europe.
If you purchased on this basis, I would probably return it and ensure the retailer and Neptune know why and that the product is not as described.

I and others pointed out on several occasions Neptune retailers displaying the EB832 and including power monitoring, ancilliary power sockets and 1link in the spec for European customers (some of us bought the Apex classic back in the day for power monitoring as it was advertised with it), but this seems to have been met with indifference and inaction by Neptune. As a final kick in the balls for European customers, they polled *US* customers at a reef show if they would rather have the trident released or other new products, or a european plug bar developed. Guess what the outcome was. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Neptune do not appear to value non US customers, so whilst I do hope you eventually get a current spec plug bar, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back