Ebay Seller Using MY Pic!

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to love this.... these are from a second AOG listing. the pics with that listing suck.

SORRY PIC IS DULL MY CAMERA'S ON THE FRITZ HAD TO TAKE WITH MY PHONE!! BUT I PROMISE THEY ARE NOT REPLICAS AND THEY ARE LEGIT 100000%
THESE ARE THE "REAL" THING NOT AN IMPOSTER

I asked her about those purple hornets, so we will see what she says. I told her I wanted better pics, since those are pics of lemon drops.

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While this is rather entertaining, it's going nowhere unless the photo owners complain to E-Bay. Has anyone contacted the owners of the photos and have they complained? As one who is vehemently opposed to photo theft, I want to see this woman banned from selling on E-Bay, but we need the photo owners to care enough to complain.
Gary

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even emailed her about those the other week and told her that those are not hers. She claimed they were. Well, the auction is gone :)
How many claims like these is eBay going to let slide without banning her?

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She really has a mouth on her. I can't paste the 2 emails I got from her, they are so filthy. I may have a trucker mouth sometimes, but she does take the cake :) Arrogant.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I could do with a good chuckle over some repugnant verbage. If possible may I read them? :p

She really has a mouth on her. I can't paste the 2 emails I got from her, they are so filthy. I may have a trucker mouth sometimes, but she does take the cake :) Arrogant.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lool! First of of thank you for sharing that with me! That lady was hilarious! Sounds like a little 10 year old boy to me to be honest.

it sounds like

:::sticks tongue out:::

nannee nannee booo booo you cant catch me!

lol so childish and ridiculous!
She/he/it sure isnt getting any business from me! :confident:

PM sent :)
She is so classy :)

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If indeed it is the species listed, it is a Caribbean stony coral, and hence illegal to collect and sell. This would be something Fish and Wildlife might be interested in.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked with Dana at CCritters, and he said that he sold the zoa's to her a few weeks ago. He knows that they are not purple hornets, and he sells them for $12 for 10+ polyps. That showmeyouloveme is scum, and should not be allowed to sell on E-bay. I believe they call that fraud the last time I checked. How can you charge $129 for something you know is not genuine?

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he going to report her to Ebay? Selling something for more than you paid for it is capatilism, I believe--especially on Ebay. Calling it something that is is not to make more $$$ than you paid for it is fraud!

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see the feedback on that Cladocora arbuscula. I wonder if the buyer will bother dissing her for the $5 he paid for it. Paid plenty for shipping though--and insurance!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't help myself...I sent a "question" to the seller. Of course I forgot to hide my email from the seller, but after I thought about it,why hide. She/He should be the one wanting to hide. My questions were along the lines of "Are you kidding me???" "How can you sleep at night ripping people off???" I let her/him know that she/he may be able to scam unknowing reefers, which makes this all the more unsavory, but many know what she/he is all about and it wont last for long. I want to report the sale but I am not directly involved so I figure Ebay wont listen. Usually I stay out of stuff but following this thread and seeing more and more posts go up on ebay is just really pissen me off. The unfortunate thing is that she/he can just change their account and keep going even if they are stopped for now.

I was shocked to see the price on those zoos. I wish there was a way to get a link to the buyers/bidders of CCritters page where he sells them for $12 for 10 of them. That would cook her/him...having everyone rescind their bids, lol.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I want to contact those poor bidders so bad... Not like there's any bidding war going on for her stuff. Maybe folks are on to her. Can't tell what goes on with those "buy it now" auctions but with the price folks have been bidding, I think she'll never get those prices.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back