Eco pico filtration?

ScottyMcReefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
729
Reaction score
31
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally do not think that the stock eco pico filter would maintain a good reef system. I could always be wrong though so I'm looking for reviews/input on filtration for the 5.5g eco pico.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
 
I have had my eco pico for about 5 months and use the stock pump (foam removed) and live rock as the only filtration. The only modification I made to the system was to add more light. The system works great and thecorals and fish are very happy .
405112_10150748312460575_190219338_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I run a small HOB filter on the back of my Eco Pico. I can also plumb in a canister, if I start having waste issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new