EcoChic Waterproof Refugium LED Light 8831.00

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any conservative time frame for when the EcoChic Waterproof Refugium LED Light 8831 will be back in stock in the USA?

Thanks,
Ron Reefman
Reef Squad

jquigley524

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any conservative time frame for when the EcoChic Waterproof Refugium LED Light 8831 will be back in stock in the USA?

Thanks,
Ron Reefman
Reef Squad
I second that question! Only place I’ve found it online is some website that mostly sells clothing but for some reason shows the light in stock as well? I think I’ll wait!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do come in, but far short of what we need and when they hit dealer shelves they are gone fast. This should improve soon, part of the current shortage is that they changed the production to be able to double the volume produced, but that meant no production for a while as machinery and molds were updated.

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do come in, but far short of what we need and when they hit dealer shelves they are gone fast. This should improve soon, part of the current shortage is that they changed the production to be able to double the volume produced, but that meant no production for a while as machinery and molds were updated.

That's the kind of info I was looking for! Thank you. ;)

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if they are planning on getting more to us over in the uk? I have been hunting for one and thought they had stopped making them!

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if they are planning on getting more to us over in the uk? I have been hunting for one and thought they had stopped making them!

It's not back in stock in the US yet either.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We never anticipated the demand this product has had, it was made for the MAR reactors and we sold it separately just because we had them, the demand was overwhelming and we already struggled to keep up, add a few months of closures from lockdowns over the last year and we are way behind. Right now the situation is worse as they took down the production completely to revamp it as peak output with the old process where they were made 1 at a time would never catch us up. They have changed the manufacturing tooling so we can make more, but it will likely be a while before these are a stock product again. They are still a current production product and the situation should improve soon, but they will likely continue to be a product that comes in and sells out nearly immediately when dealers get restocked.

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We never anticipated the demand this product has had, it was made for the MAR reactors and we sold it separately just because we had them, the demand was overwhelming and we already struggled to keep up, add a few months of closures from lockdowns over the last year and we are way behind. Right now the situation is worse as they took down the production completely to revamp it as peak output with the old process where they were made 1 at a time would never catch us up. They have changed the manufacturing tooling so we can make more, but it will likely be a while before these are a stock product again. They are still a current production product and the situation should improve soon, but they will likely continue to be a product that comes in and sells out nearly immediately when dealers get restocked.
OK, not being a regular here in the Tunze sponsor forum, how are you so aware of what Tunze is doing? Do you work for them? Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, but I just want to be clear.

BTW, if the info you passed along is for real, I will be first in line to say "Thank you!" More transparent talk by vendors is certainly appreciated!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been the US distributor since 2001, I handle all US support and distribution for Tunze and work on new product design and sourcing components as well.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, not being a regular here in the Tunze sponsor forum, how are you so aware of what Tunze is doing? Do you work for them? Forgive me if I'm asking the obvious, but I just want to be clear.

BTW, if the info you passed along is for real, I will be first in line to say "Thank you!" More transparent talk by vendors is certainly appreciated!

Roger is the Tunze guru for the US and the US distributor. He offers some of the best customer service around. He has been offering great service via several reefing forums for years, which is not true of most brands. If you ever make it to a reefing show/swap and Tunze has a booth, be sure to go say hi to him. Great guy and he knows his stuff.

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been the US distributor since 2001, I handle all US support and distribution for Tunze and work on new product design and sourcing components as well.

Roger is the Tunze guru for the US and the US distributor. He offers some of the best customer service around. He has been offering great service via several reefing forums for years, which is not true of most brands. If you ever make it to a reefing show/swap and Tunze has a booth, be sure to go say hi to him. Great guy and he knows his stuff.

Good to know. I'll make it a point to stop by if MACNA actually happens this year.

And please keep us posted on the EcoChic 8831 inventory/production news. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ron Reefman

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ron Reefman do you live under a rock? Just ribbing you brother :D

Sometimes... yes. Actually, I've been in the hobby for 20 years and I've accumulated a room full of old equipment and spares. I have spares of almost everything I currently run and a number of things I used in the past and don't use any more.

Consequently, I do very little shopping for new products. And as time goes by, I feel myself falling further and further behind when it comes to new products and manufacturers. In fact, I was just telling the rest of the Reef Squad crew that very thing in a post to the Reef Squad Lounge Forum yesterday! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back