Ecotech DC Connector Size for Battery Backup

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know for sure what the size of the DC plug size is for the Ecotech Battery Connector slot on the controllers is? I'm having the hardest time finding this information. I'm setting up a battery backup and will be creating 25ft cables to run from my basement but can't seem to find the correct size. It seems way too small to be a 2.1mm x 5.5mm. I'm hooking up 2x Vortechs and 1x Vectra M2.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know for sure what the size of the DC plug size is for the Ecotech Battery Connector slot on the controllers is? I'm having the hardest time finding this information. I'm setting up a battery backup and will be creating 25ft cables to run from my basement but can't seem to find the correct size. It seems way too small to be a 2.1mm x 5.5mm. I'm hooking up 2x Vortechs and 1x Vectra M2.
I can check on this for you when i find my digital calipers but just fyi the vectra needs a proprietary booster cable to work with 12v batteries since it operates at 36v.

You can probably buy one and lengthen it though.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can check on this for you when i find my digital calipers but just fyi the vectra needs a proprietary booster cable to work with 12v batteries since it operates at 36v.

You can probably buy one and lengthen it though.
I run my mp40's on a diy 12v battery backup, the ecotech setup has a 12v 18ah battery only without a booster (you need one which ecotech sells if you want a vectra backup). The controller will drop the speed to run on lower voltage when a power loss is detected on the MP 10/40/60 series of powerheads.

OP: You want a 3.5x1.35mm plug

COOLM 10 Pack 3.5mm x 1.35mm DC Power Male Plug Jack to Bare Wire Open End Pigtail Power Cable Cord 3.5x1.35mm for DC Power Supply IP Camera CCTV Security Camera Surveillance Cable Repair Replacement https://a.co/d/3FWBqVv

OP
OP
A

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the responses. I already have the booster for the Vectra so good to go there!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back