Ecotech Marine Battery Backup

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I purchased the Ecotech battery backup the other day, and unfortunately didn't realise it had connectors and was specifically for Vortech pumps.
I'm running a nero 3, don't suppose anyone has found a way to use this for a nero 3 perhaps with buying an adaptor or something ?

Don't really want to return it due to restock fee and not overly thrilled at the idea of buying a mp10 for no reason.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**Never mind, I see you already posted on this thread

OP
OP
DarkReefer

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue is the battery is 12v and the Nero is 24v.
Yeah noticed that this morning reading up some more.
Been dying to get a battery back up for months, and didn't once think 'hey maybe I should check if it's compatible'...

Aside from not wanting to waste/spend around $500 on a new powerhead just so it works, I like the Nero 3 so far. It's fairly compact and I don't mind the app etc. The mp10 to me looks more bulky overall too and for my smallish tank I don't want to clutter it up too much.

OP
OP
DarkReefer

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you find an older Icecap? And return the Ecotech?
Doesn't look like I can find anything in my area. Wont be returning the ecotech as it's a 20% restock by the looks of it. Might try and sell locally for what I bought it for maybe. Hasn't been used, only taken out of the box and then put back in.

Edit: was playing with the idea of maybe buying a MP10, but missus isn't too happy about that idea, and honestly I'm not overly thrilled by it at the moment either. I like the Nero, and the tank is a borderline too small to really put a 2nd powerhead in.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back