Ecotech Marine Mobius and Versa Pump vs. Neptune Apex and DOS

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're developing video instructions and walk thru's to be posted on YouTube as well a mailing list for Mobius firmware update descriptions.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you share more information? What mode are you using? How do you have it programmed?
Can you explain how you're telling it to dose 10L? Trying to understand what settings you have in mobius... are you waiting a full day to allow the dosing even? Are you allowing it to dose the xx ml/min for the total 6 hours? If you have it programmed to start at 8am and finish at 2pm, are you starting the test in between that time say at 10am? And that's the reason for it not dosing the 10L?
This is a very important question. If you are making a dose of say 100ml from 12pm until 4pm and have "catch-up" enabled, then start your test at 2pm, it will dose at a rate of 50ml/min instead of 25ml/min to make sure it finishes your dose within the allotted time frame.

I originally set it up to run 10 Liters over 4 hours without catchup from 1am to 4am. I noticed the next day that only about a gallon was pulled from my saltwater reservoir and decided to run all the calibrations, then do a manual dose through the app to see what would happen.

The manual dose being about 25% of what I told it to dose is in line with what I saw through the programmed dose.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally set it up to run 10 Liters over 4 hours without catchup from 1am to 4am. I noticed the next day that only about a gallon was pulled from my saltwater reservoir and decided to run all the calibrations, then do a manual dose through the app to see what would happen.

The manual dose being about 25% of what I told it to dose is in line with what I saw through the programmed dose.

We researched this further and posted a firmware update through mobius today. Please see if this resolves your problem.

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We researched this further and posted a firmware update through mobius today. Please see if this resolves your problem.
How do I find this firmware update and install it?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated my Versa this morning and the maximum constant dosage is now maxed out 200 mL/min. This should be 300 correct?

Interesting, I wonder if they brought it down intentionally.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just updated my Versa this morning and the maximum constant dosage is now maxed out 200 mL/min. This should be 300 correct?
Max constant speed was always 200 ml/min. They throttled that back about 3 weeks before they were made available.

The 300 ml/min max is for dosing only...

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max constant speed was always 200 ml/min. They throttled that back about 3 weeks before they were made available.

The 300 ml/min max is for dosing only...

Thanks for the clarification. When I was playing around with it a few days ago I could have sworn I was able to run 300, guess not.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All-

Today we identified the problem that some people had with push-to-connect seals; it was a sneaky little issue but we found out why and implemented a corrective action. If your pump doesn't leak right away then it's fine and you have nothing to worry about. But for anyone who experiences this problem out of box, we will send you a replacement of this tube carrier part immediately beginning tomorrow. We're here to help and I'm sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

Is there a quick fix for this? I put in a ticket yesterday and waiting to hear back. Im sure I wont be getting a replacement until next week

Willy315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a quick fix for this? I put in a ticket yesterday and waiting to hear back. Im sure I wont be getting a replacement until next week
Only took a couple days for them to ship me out a new tube assembly. You can try an oring from a john guest fitting. I tried that and it kinda worked, it stopped the water leak but was sucking in air.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only took a couple days for them to ship me out a new tube assembly. You can try an oring from a john guest fitting. I tried that and it kinda worked, it stopped the water leak but was sucking in air.

Thanks. My problem is it's not even sealing enough to draw liquid. And this is both sides.

Brasileiro561

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My problem is it's not even sealing enough to draw liquid. And this is both sides.
I removed that “clamp” that holds the tube in place. Add silicone and and use their barb adapter and silicone it until I get mine replacement. Been working for over a week now without a problem.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I removed that “clamp” that holds the tube in place. Add silicone and and use their barb adapter and silicone it until I get mine replacement. Been working for over a week now without a problem.

Thank you. Im gonna give that a try.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried tugging on the tube to pull the o-ring back? That should help to create a seal while your new part comes in... adding a second o-ring will also remove the slack creating a good seal, keep in mind it might make it harder to push the plastic clamp and remove the tube.

If you have any of these sitting around, you can try to put these in as well... It will aid in sealing the o-ring. If you only have 1, the left one is the one you want to put it on.

CFcHxuLl.jpg

UvGUxJRl.jpg

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the new connectors they are sending out have two orings.

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried tugging on the tube to pull the o-ring back? That should help to create a seal while your new part comes in... adding a second o-ring will also remove the slack creating a good seal, keep in mind it might make it harder to push the plastic clamp and remove the tube.

If you have any of these sitting around, you can try to put these in as well... It will aid in sealing the o-ring. If you only have 1, the left one is the one you want to put it on.

I actually have plenty of those little clips lying around. I'll give this a try first as well as trying a second oring. The last resort will be what @Brasileiro561 mentioned

Shinister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the worst luck. So the little clips didn't work. Adding a second o-ring worked...but there's another problem. The same one that @ca1ore was having. I didn't think such a small pump could do what a kamoer or a masterflex could. I took a leap of faith but its looking very disappointing.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back