EcoTech/Mobius Roadmap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

x19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems EcoTech is just a step or two away from offering full controller capability and competing with Neptune et al. Have they released a roadmap or made any public comments about the future of their ecosystem?

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there going to be competing with neptune. Since Bertram the owner of BRS just make a deal with ecotech and innovative marine. So neptune, ecotech, aqua alumination, and innovative marine are all part of one Bulk reef supply. They are probably going to incorporate ecotechs lighting technology into the apex and us that whole controller, lighting, flow, and an aquarium package deal.

OP
OP
x19

x19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don’t think that’s likely. The Radion G5, the Vectra, nor the Versa are controllable by Neptune today right? I think the WXM module has even been discontinued. Plus with the Neptune’s expansion into lighting they compete with EcoTech in every category, reducing the incentive for them to collaborate.

As for BRS/Neptune? I don’t know of a situation where a retailer acquiring a platform has been good for the long term health of the platform.

Would love to be wrong on both accounts, but right now I’m reluctant to invest into the Neptune Ecosystem due to incompatibility with Ecotech’s.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there going to be competing with neptune. Since Bertram the owner of BRS just make a deal with ecotech and innovative marine. So neptune, ecotech, aqua alumination, and innovative marine are all part of one Bulk reef supply. They are probably going to incorporate ecotechs lighting technology into the apex and us that whole controller, lighting, flow, and an aquarium package deal.
I keep hearing this rumour, but where’s the press release? I’m all for updates, but this just seems like feeding into the rumour mill.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don’t think that’s likely. The Radion G5, the Vectra, nor the Versa are controllable by Neptune today right? I think the WXM module has even been discontinued. Plus with the Neptune’s expansion into lighting they compete with EcoTech in every category, reducing the incentive for them to collaborate.

As for BRS/Neptune? I don’t know of a situation where a retailer acquiring a platform has been good for the long term health of the platform.

Would love to be wrong on both accounts, but right now I’m reluctant to invest into the Neptune Ecosystem due to incompatibility with Ecotech’s.

Kessil makes lights. Neptune makes lights. Kessil integrated with Apex and it is a huge quality of life improvement for both parties.

Sicce makes pumps and power heads. Neptune makes pumps and power heads. Sicce integrated with Apex and it is a huge quality of life improvement for both parties.

Not everyone is reluctant. I think the bigger question is if Ecotech's hardware design allows it. It may be the current product line up isn't able to. But Neptune's iota works and it works dang well. Kessil and Sicce have proven that.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back