Ecotech MP 60 Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gundy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gundy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2021
Messages
323
Reaction score
384
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just purchased 2 MP 60’s for my new tank with 3/4 inch glass. I used the medium rubber spacers and removed the stickers. When I try to line up the motor and the wet sides together, they won’t line up. I can get them to stick together and stay connected and stay put but the motor is off to the side of the wet side. I’m worried they won’t stay connected and the motor falling off the glass. Am I doing something wrong or is this how they mount together. Your input is appreciated.
 
The need to fully line up otherwise you will beat the snot out of the bearings. Are you sure that they are not aligned? Is it parallax looking through the glass giving the illusion they are not? Check the same with a mag scraper.
 
I just purchased 2 MP 60’s for my new tank with 3/4 inch glass. I used the medium rubber spacers and removed the stickers. When I try to line up the motor and the wet sides together, they won’t line up. I can get them to stick together and stay connected and stay put but the motor is off to the side of the wet side. I’m worried they won’t stay connected and the motor falling off the glass. Am I doing something wrong or is this how they mount together. Your input is appreciated.
Turn off all flow and look from top down

And look straight on from the dry side

Don’t look from the front pane
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new