Ecotech Radion G4 XR30

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As previously discussed, the OP doesn’t need a lot of power for his applications :)
id take a cheap t5 unit and ATi bulbs over the AI prime. they are so underpowered and the shimmer they produce is disgusting. So you have to add on the cost of the diffusers people make for them as well.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided on two BTAs, Two Maxima Clams and softies so I will just get two kessil a160we and maybe two T5 bulbs and put em in the canopy
Make sure you get the tuna blue not the sun ones. The sun spectrum has much more white and grows algae like crazy. I advise against the bta’s. Once they get happy, they’ll split and the little ones will walk over other corals. They also take up a ton of space.

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As previously discussed, the OP doesn’t need a lot of power for his applications :)
Make sure you get the tuna blue not the sun ones. The sun spectrum has much more white and grows algae like crazy. I advise against the bta’s. Once they get happy, they’ll split and the little ones will walk over other corals. They also take up a ton of space.
Okay

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just two with the T5’s would work fine. Kessils are like spotlights.
Do you know if this anemone is fine? He has been moving around the tank

15925157329841463620001.jpg

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your phosphate number? Also what kind of lights, what %, and tank dimensions?
Tank Dimensions - 36"L x 14"W x 16" H
phosphate: I do not know but it is low.
Lights: 4 T5 Bulbs - Aquazonic Actinic, Three Aqua One Sunlight, my LFS said that it wouldn't hurt the anemone

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not a very tall tank. I would get a number on that phosphate.
Tank Dimensions - 36"L x 14"W x 16" H
phosphate: I do not know but it is low.
Lights: 4 T5 Bulbs - Aquazonic Actinic, Three Aqua One Sunlight, my LFS said that it wouldn't hurt the anemone

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is bleaching because it has moved to the bottom of the tank and is looking like he is bleaching, I will shorten the light period from 14 to 8 hours now

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching isn’t necessarily from lights only. It can also happen with incorrect water parameters. You need to get a number on the phosphate. If it’s too low, that could very well be what’s causing the anemone to not be doing so well. How high is the fixture above the tank? Are you running any blue bulbs or just white?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleaching isn’t necessarily from lights only. It can also happen with incorrect water parameters. You need to get a number on the phosphate. If it’s too low, that could very well be what’s causing the anemone to not be doing so well. How high is the fixture above the tank? Are you running any blue bulbs or just white?
He seems to be getting bigger and better and I run 1 actinic and 3 sunlight bulbs and I got my water tested today and it was good, phosphates I do not.know but they are low

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He seems to be getting bigger and better and I run 1 actinic and 3 sunlight bulbs and I got my water tested today and it was good, phosphates I do not.know but they are low
You need to get a phosphate checker and get an actual number. The phosphates can be too low for an anemone . You should also be running atleast 1 actinic per 1 sunlight.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back