Ecotech Radion G5 and Mobius issues

Devildawgusmc_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius lost connection to one of my Radion G5 Pro lights. I could not connect so I removed completely from the mobius app in the attempt to re-add. Upon removal the light turned bright white and I was unable to re-add. Searching for a device finds nothing and I now can not change this light from its bright white color.

I searched the FAQ’s and attempted to do a factory reset via the buttons. Holding the middle button gives me the red white and blue lights, but then when I hit all 3 buttons the light beeps at me 3 times and the light comes back on, never gets to the next step with the purple buttons.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius has been acting up lately. I had one line that was not in-sync with the others. Had to hard reboot it to get it back up and running. Also, Mobius takes a long time to connect to all my gear now. It never used to have this problem. Nothing has changed on my end, so I wonder if it's an app issue?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too. Have had it happen a lot lately. Woke up one morning and one light was completely off.

App was crashing the other night too. Then I couldn’t get it to connect when somebody was here trying to check out the reef. Frustrating for sure. I haven’t had any problems with EcoTech Customer Service when I call though.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine too. Have had it happen a lot lately. Woke up one morning and one light was completely off.

App was crashing the other night too. Then I couldn’t get it to connect when somebody was here trying to check out the reef. Frustrating for sure. I haven’t had any problems with EcoTech Customer Service when I call though.
Yeah, the other Mobius thread details everyone's app going down for the past 3 days.
Customer service is worthless if they can't fix the problem. It doesn't matter how nice they are or how quick they are to respond if they don't take care of the issue.
Also, I consider communication customer service. Something Ecotech really lacked in with this latest outage.

SaltySkipper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just recently set up a new tank and installed three G5 XR15 pros. They are attached to a surge protection power strip. This evening the power went out for about one hour impacting over 500 homes in my area. My essential equipment remained running on a back up UPS. However, only two of the three lights Are responding. I have tried to do a factory reset with no luck. I have changed the power supplies to rule out a bad power supply and that was not the issue. When trying a factory reset pushing the middle button and holding it does absolutely nothing. any other tips before I end up in never never land of tech-support? Thank you.

In the unlikely event, your Radion is still disconnected, it will require a button reset. To do so, follow the steps below.

1. Press and hold the center button until the unit flashes red white and blue
2. Press and hold all 3 buttons until the buttons flash red and purple
3. Press and hold the outer 2 buttons until the Radion resets

SaltySkipper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just recently set up a new tank and installed three G5 XR15 pros. They are attached to a surge protection power strip. This evening the power went out for about one hour impacting over 500 homes in my area. My essential equipment remained running on a back up UPS. However, only two of the three lights Are responding. I have tried to do a factory reset with no luck. I have changed the power supplies to rule out a bad power supply and that was not the issue. When trying a factory reset pushing the middle button and holding it does absolutely nothing. any other tips before I end up in never never land of tech-support? Thank you.

In the unlikely event, your Radion is still disconnected, it will require a button reset. To do so, follow the steps below.

1. Press and hold the center button until the unit flashes red white and blue
2. Press and hold all 3 buttons until the buttons flash red and purple
3. Press and hold the outer 2 buttons until the Radion resets
4E19E541-97CF-41AF-B974-3AFA9D022608.jpeg

AllanPritchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you ever solve this and how, if you can remember that far back, I know it is an old post? The thread just stopped and I am having the same issue. Cheers Al

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree that Mobius is flakey lately and has always had issues though. My biggest problem is usually finding one of the 3 XR30 G5's out of sync and often remaining on when the other two are off for night including moonlight. Most of the time I can just reload the template and resume. Don't think I have ever rebooted them since I had them. I do have them all powered by Apex so I can just turn them all off. I just hope Neptune does as good a job with the upcoming Mobius module as they did with the MP's on WXM module. Then I might add the chips. Fortunately for now, my MP40's are older as is my Vectra M2 pump and no need for Mobius.

LVMIERE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius definately has been acting up, added a new light to my reef tank with an upgraded RF Module and it basically couldnt see my whole tank.

Solution - create a new aquarium in the app and added both. Hopefully you have saved your schedule and intensities as a user template. Once I created a new aquarium and added both lights I just had to use my user template and all well.... I hope no more for now haha

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back