Ecotech radion g5 knock off found!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you'll ever see anything from China that's as good as the original, unless someone has access to the original manufacturer.
Many of the original manufacturers of a vast majority of products these days is China. So much manufacturing has been exported to China for increased profits its insane.

I'm curious to see if the new g6 upgrade board will function on these g5 knockoffs.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't warn enough: The app for these knockoffs is partly Chinese. Unusable unless you understand Mandarin.
I have a Kessil knockoff from this brand (A+) which lies in a drawer because i can't use it, my Chinese is not what it used to be.
If its the same app as in the videos that are in the ads for these g5 knockoffs, it's pretty easy to figure out the programming. I only see 2 sections thar are in Chinese the intensity and the app title. The time, colors ect are all in English.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its the same app as in the videos that are in the ads for these g5 knockoffs, it's pretty easy to figure out the programming. I only see 2 sections thar are in Chinese the intensity and the app title. The time, colors ect are all in English.
The problem is that the app works with pop-up screens and deeper lying menus (to set things up) than what you see on the pictures and those are all Chinese.

Here an example: the wifi setup page and a popup in the centre. Good luck!

Screenshot_20220520-040752_A+.jpg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that the app works with pop-up screens and deeper lying menus (to set things up) than what you see on the pictures and those are all Chinese.

Here an example: the wifi setup page and a popup in the centre. Good luck!

Screenshot_20220520-040752_A+.jpg
These are all screenshots of the video showing the app. Does this appear to be the same app? Can you post a video

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220406-235650_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-235650_Alibabacom.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20220406-235647_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-235647_Alibabacom.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220406-235413_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-235413_Alibabacom.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220406-235419_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-235419_Alibabacom.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220406-234839_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-234839_Alibabacom.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220406-234828_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-234828_Alibabacom.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20220406-234250_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220406-234250_Alibabacom.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 33

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to even have fan programming, and that's even in English

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears to even have fan programming, and that's even in English
Nope, doesn't work, fan runs 100% all the time.

About your other question, yes, that's the app, but like i said, only that page is English. As soon as you click something or go into the menu it's Chinese.
Those scumbags only translated that page so they can show an "English app" on their pictures.

Safe some extra money and buy the real deal man. Warantee on these knockoffs will also be zero.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

About your other question, yes, that's the app, but like i said, only that page is English. As soon as you click something or go into the menu it's Chinese.
Those scumbags only translated that page so they can show an "English app" on their pictures.

Safe some extra money and buy the real deal man. Warantee on these knockoffs will also be zero.
Please post a video

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also aquarium low cost does warranty what they sell.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a lot of work for a lot of unknowns and a few bucks in savings.
If you had been reefing as long as I, you would not feel this way.
I'm from the Era of diy ect. And the savings may be a few dollars for your reef, but for others it can be thousands in savings.....

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the G6 out.... used G5's are already dropping in price. So the price gap is getting closer.

You can just buy a used G5 and bonus is you can upgrade to G6 if you want to someday or if a led diode went bad.

Just an idea.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one should buy from a company named after the leader of the 40 theives. Honestly, do you think Alibaba is named that as a compliment? It is an earned reputation. They do not honor recognized contracts like interbank letters of credit nor do they protect intellectual property rights. Please stop protecting the dishonest leaders of the CCP. Time to decouple from Chinese business altogether and return to manufacturing onshore to protect our interests and intellectual property rights. The greed of buying cheap and selling high is about to end due to shipping costs and delayed delivery schedules anyway.

If you lean green why buy something that consumes more in fuel costs and time in transit? Buy closer to the point of delivery is a better method and that is why car companies manufacture regionally around the world.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
believing businesses will set prices and margins fairly is the reason we are in an inflationary period right now. Nearly every company had a record year last year. Sure supply chain was an issue and labor costs are going up, but the companies don't have to raise the prices at the same rate. If they are already profitable and costs are going up 10%, do they need to raise prices 10% to justify the same margin percentage?
Do you own or run a business? I do and my supplier raised prices three times in the last calendar year plus added freight surcharges. Wood products and even silicone has more than doubled. I raised prices once and will have to do it again. DuPont supplies my products and in more than 20 years they historically only raised prices once every three years or so. So the claim that this is just profit taking is ignorant of the fact that we are experiencing the highest inflation rate in more than 40 years. I know since I lived through those years and remember the political choices that lead to both recessions. If you forget the lessons of history you are doomed to repeat them! It is not greed primarily but necessity due to increased costs across the board. The most notable is the high cost of housing which is no longer tracked by the federal government as an indicator of inflation. This blame on business is the single most prevalent lie told to the nation by politicians and media types trying to assign blame for their failed policies to business owners.

If you do not have skin in the game you just don't understand the market forces that determine final cost to the consumer. Now let's talk about how taxes are never paid by the evil corporations! Another lie! I am the president of a corporation and as such my corporation collects and pays more taxes than any individual in a similar situation. For each dollar I collect from my employees wages in social security and Medicare the company pays a dollar for dollar match. So each company is taxed by the number and payroll for each employee. You have no idea how much that adds each hourly cost per employee until you see the bottom line. Vacation pay is taxed the same rate so corporations have to pay for the hours and additional taxes while you get vacation. Then you add state taxes like unemployment, city taxes, state taxes, labor and industries, and a new one for us I required long term care insurance per employee! Then you wonder why things cost so much?

This does not even touch the cost of overhead like rent, utilities, insurance, fuel, materials, and required upgrades to software, and equipment. Being a business owner or president is not for the faint of heart lol!

Go ahead and blame it on greed since that is the low hanging fruit!

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one should buy from a company named after the leader of the 40 theives. Honestly, do you think Alibaba is named that as a compliment? It is an earned reputation. They do not honor recognized contracts like interbank letters of credit nor do they protect intellectual property rights. Please stop protecting the dishonest leaders of the CCP. Time to decouple from Chinese business altogether and return to manufacturing onshore to protect our interests and intellectual property rights. The greed of buying cheap and selling high is about to end due to shipping costs and delayed delivery schedules anyway.

If you lean green why buy something that consumes more in fuel costs and time in transit? Buy closer to the point of delivery is a better method and that is why car companies manufacture regionally around the world.
So all of the parts for the top reef LEDs are produced in the US? Right.

Back