Ecotech radion g5 knock off found!

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
With g5 prices down since g6 arrival, why bother just get the OG. U can get used or new but lil over 400 for new seems pretty nice. Well to me it did. Good luck w ur choices.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With g5 prices down since g6 arrival, why bother just get the OG. U can get used or new but lil over 400 for new seems pretty nice. Well to me it did. Good luck w ur choices.

Don't know where your math is from but mine shows 800.00 > 375.00.

Still a 2 for 1 proposition if you compare prices lol

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah and the radion mount arm is another 130.00.

The knockoff from aquarium low cost comes with it, for 375.00.....

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm.. isn't some parts produce and assembled in USA better than no parts produced or assembled in USA?

Think Ghost Hunters GIF by travelchannel

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Don't know where your math is from but mine shows 800.00 > 375.00.

Still a 2 for 1 proposition if you compare prices lol
Wasn’t the knockoff close to the now g5 price. Wasn’t adding the arm value. Was referring to link in the first post of the thread. Like I said “choices” if I have to make one between a knock off or the original close to the same price I’m going w the original despite paying a lil more.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noop at $165 will save you even more if you just want a good light cheap.

This light is such an awkward middle ground. Still expensive with no support and a questionable app apparently.

I guess I just don't understand the appeal but so far they are not flying off the shelves.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This light is such an awkward middle ground. Still expensive with no support and a questionable app apparently.
Many ways to successfully light ur reef. Some take a frugal approach and others use sales and coupons to get equipment to meet their specific goals.

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, did anyone acctualy buy and test this, or is this only about usa "assembly" superiority?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t the knockoff close to the now g5 price. Wasn’t adding the arm value. Was referring to link in the first post of the thread. Like I said “choices” if I have to make one between a knock off or the original close to the same price I’m going w the original despite paying a lil more.
No the price is nowhere close to the g5, I don't know why your trying to make that false claim.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I guess I just don't understand the appeal but so far they are not flying off the shelves.
They have the noop at 110.00. But I've also read some negative issues with the noop.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have the noop at 110.00. But I've also read some negative issues with the noop.

Ya, I was referring to V3 noop.. they are a sponsor here so you can get some support and such and 2 year warranty. I assume as long as they remain a sponsor, they would honor it.

I am a frugal reefer but I see better value in a V3 noop then the knockoff G5. It is cheaper and has support here and probably a legit warranty.

ALSO the reef uno 2.0 PRO right now is $360 - I have seen some nice tanks under this brand. I would also consider this a better value. It has support and a 3 year warranty. Price is pretty much identical to the offbrand G5. G5 with shipping is $417 and Uno 2.0 PRO is $360 + $55 mount + $15 shipping for mount so $430

As a frugal reefer I am always 'shopping around' and waiting for deals to drop.

Buying a brand new G6 is out of budget for me. It won't keep me from putting food on the table but I just can't justify it. So I get it... luckily there is always used equiptment available to buy or a large array of other lights that all still grow coral for different budgets.

Last edited:

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, let's continue to support companies that provide absolutely nothing to the hobby. No innovation. No R&D. Very little, if any, support when you need it.

Rewarding thieves isn't on the top of my list personally. Just go get the Viparspectra Black Box and be done if you want "budget conscious" lights
Hmmm they wanted $145 to “fix” my Nero 5 so

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back