Ecotech reeflink or apex wxm?

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree...I have the same set up with WXM and the ReefLink....NEVER touch the Reeflink....save your money for a nice coral or fish

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WXM is trash. It works, minimally.
After complaining on the forums for 2 years, the vp of sales finally said they're not adding other functionality to it. So the standard features you get with the reeflink, at 25$ less, you'll never see with the wxm. Of course Neptune customer service felt fine lying to me for 2 years continually saying 'we're working on it'. But I guess we're not here to discuss the morals of companies.

Raddock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this same issue. It seems that most of the responses suggest that the WXM module is superior to Reeflink. Two users seem to feel strongly that WXM is inferior with little objective data. Would anyone with experience with both like to expand on the issues?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Litterally i think every single person in the thread run the vectra along with an apex but me lol maybe they can give you some ideas to decide on. Personally i would go with the wxm, im pretty sure you can calibrate the vectra and access the feed mode (slowdown) on the controller. If you want to use the vectra at different speeds throught the day, you would always be adjusting the redsea overflow valve(witch is pretty sweet and silent). Theres tons of pros and cons but r2r has alot of info on both the reeflink and wxm , hopefully it could be of help

Cheap Jebao DCT pumps are nothing to be scoffed at! :lol:

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the WXM. Set the pump speed and forget about it except on/off for feed. As far as WXM that's one piece of Apex gear I have never had an issue with. It just works and Apex wizard has all the programmability you need for Vortechs. Can't speak to Radions as I use Kessils. I would not say WXM wireless interface to Apex is superior to Reeflink but rather redundant and unecessary. Better to have one controller that handles everything vs. spending the money on a hodgepodge of controllers.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this same issue. It seems that most of the responses suggest that the WXM module is superior to Reeflink. Two users seem to feel strongly that WXM is inferior with little objective data. Would anyone with experience with both like to expand on the issues?

*edit
Oh, and after using the reeflink, since you ask 'if anyone with experience with both.....'.

After using the reeflink, stuff works, and I can use the features for the radion and vortech that was advertised.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feh.. Since you unlinked your radions from apex.. How do you control???
USB with a laptop. Old question, but I've been busy. No problems since. I've not bothered to risk it. I work in the IT field and a production box is a production box. Whatever makes it work and up time is everything especially in this hobby. I know enough to reverse engineer it, but I don't want to spend the time. I do have one thing I wish you guys would address. I miss the my Vortechs. Thick glass small pump. It's 1/2" glass rimless and only 24x24x20. I can't do 2x MP40 to make that work nice. One wasn't enough without sand storm.

Johnny Anderson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone assist me in connecting MP40QD to my WXM/2016 APEX? or send me a link to a video that explains the process. I have a reeflink that I am only using for my vectra's. I would really appreciate some help to connect and control my 40's with the APEX. Also, I have 4 XR30 pros that are already connected, if that matters.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 109 43.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 118 47.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 4.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.2%
Back