Ecotech Vectra M2

Adam Neely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a brand new Ecotech Vectra M2, good price on eBay that was working fine for 2 weeks. But now when I power it down and turn it back on it starts ramping speeds up and down, going from 85gph to 120gph to 240gph then dropping back down to 85gph to start the whole process again. This flow readout I get from my Apex flow sensor. The drive itself on the knob flashes red then like its restarting each time this process recycles. Brand new doing this, I should have bought a Neptune drive they stand by there products even if
purchased off eBay, they just ask for serial number and receipt.

Has any experience this with the Vectra M2 before? Watch drive video.

Ecotech refuses to offer me any support or warranty coverage because I didn’t buy this product from one of there distributors. I will never buy any of there products again since they won’t stand by there products even if new and was registered by one owner with proof of purchase.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check and see if the pump is set to Closed loop. Pretty sure it will ramp up and down if its set that way and also depending on how your schedule is set.

OP
OP
Adam Neely

Adam Neely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check and see if the pump is set to Closed loop. Pretty sure it will ramp up and down if its set that way and also depending on how your schedule is set.

I thought that at first so I recalibrated it again and again for return pump feature, even after powering it down several times then recalibrating it again it will work until I have to power it down again then it returns to that up/down cycle state like its not maintaining its settings.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u bought a used pump on eBay for a banging deal and are mad because ecotech won’t cover you and think that Neptune would have(read up on tridents bought on eBay and warranty)? Shouldn’t u be mad at the guy that sold u this pump?

I would say your power supply is faulty or your impeller is stuck or something is in the impeller

OP
OP
Adam Neely

Adam Neely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So u bought a used pump on eBay for a banging deal and are mad because ecotech won’t cover you and think that Neptune would have(read up on tridents bought on eBay and warranty)? Shouldn’t u be mad at the guy that sold u this pump?

I would say your power supply is faulty or your impeller is stuck or something is in the impeller
Neptune has been very supportive of there hardware that I have bought elsewhere and only ask for serial number and receipt at least with me and have helped me with solutions and replacement.
I put a CT around power supply cable current steady not fluctuating, thanks.
Regards

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam-

As we said we are happy to help but you need to send your pump in to us.

OP
OP
Adam Neely

Adam Neely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim,
Below is the last email response I received from Mike which didn't make since.

Mike Melnyk (EcoTech Marine)
Jan 29, 8:35 AM EST
Hey Adam,

Thank you for reaching back out to us. Unfortunately, eBay is not an authorized dealer of our product line and we would recommend returning that unit to the seller. If you can do that, then we would advise you to purchase a new product via an authorized dealer using the link below.

https://ecotechmarine.com/retailers

Thanks again,
Mike

Mike Melnyk
Customer Service Rep.
Email Privacy Statement
The information contained within the referenced, linked, or directed email
communication is intended to be a confidential communication between the
original sender and recipient, and is to be treated as confidential. All works,
ideas, or copy within are copyrighted by sender., and
are not to be used in any manner other by which they were intended by sender. If you believe you have received this or any other email in error,
please contact sender directly.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back