Ecotech XR30 sync issue and screwed up ecotech account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Badzmaru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i’ve two issues, which i still don’t have a resolution fir months! I had registered two email addresses with Ecotech and they changed one to point to another but in that progress they mistyped my email address and now when i logon. I can’t raise support because its asking me to verify my email but its sending the verification to wrong addresss. …@hotnail.com. Emailed them multiple times and they just tell me to verify the email thats sent to me or ask me to create another email and register everything again! How can i get someone from Ecotech to fix this issue

second issue is that i have 2 XR30 blue gen 5 that were bought last year and they have never been in sync. Both don’t come off at the same time than, although they do come on at the same time ok. I’ve tried everything and just can’t get them to sync…

I went full on with Ecotech products, lights, powerheads and pumps and i had issues with all od them ‍♂ Even with the diffuser! All it takes is a little nudge and the diffuser falls into the water due to its small little magnets. For feedback, they should work on the quality of their products and improve their after service. I’ve spent £1800 just on Ecotech lights and the fan noise is crazy, after getting in touch with their support i’m sent the parts to fix it myself, only because i don’t want to spend more money sending the unit out again. Given that these units i’ve blught are new they should send me new replacement and take the old one back.

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check you clock settings. I had a wierd issue where the clock settings kept being different and issues similar to yours would occur.

With the assistance of ecotech in part, i created a new tank, reset the lights and moved the lights to the new tank. That help resolve some of the issues and narrow down on the clock issue. While I do not know for sure if this was the case, I did end up sending one of the lights back after that fix because i got a random error (can't remember what the error was).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back