(Edit: no longer new and no longer have the tank)My new Saltwater Tank (also new to the hobby)

What fish could I get?

• Clown

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Goby

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Fire shrimp

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Welcome to R2R!

I have a EVO as well. Had it running a year and half ago, shut it down when I sized up. Then I moved and started the EVO up a few months ago. Are you planning on making it a reef tank or fish only. I found that the light it comes with is substandard. I put an A1 prime on and love it. I also changed the foam block out for a media basket in chamber 1 and am liking that. Finally I have a JBJ nano ATO which is making life easier. Good luck with your tank.

Sorry to hear about your crash, keep with it. This is my tank after 4 months.
IMG_7348.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the tank doing?
Changed it to freshwater lol. Basically, over the summer, I was on vacation for a 2 weeks. I had an apex on it and someone to check on it every few days. It was all doing fine until a few days before I came back. The pump stopped working and there was no oxygen in the tank and everything died :(. I am planning on getting another saltwater but for now, it is my betta and pea puffer’s home.

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Welcome to R2R!

I have a EVO as well. Had it running a year and half ago, shut it down when I sized up. Then I moved and started the EVO up a few months ago. Are you planning on making it a reef tank or fish only. I found that the light it comes with is substandard. I put an A1 prime on and love it. I also changed the foam block out for a media basket in chamber 1 and am liking that. Finally I have a JBJ nano ATO which is making life easier. Good luck with your tank.

Sorry to hear about your crash, keep with it. This is my tank after 4 months.
IMG_7348.JPG
While it was still running I used a Kessil a80, an innovative marine lid, an apex unit (I was going on vacation), the apex DOS (AWC), and the apex ATK (ATO)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back