New here , very open to opinions

NateCheck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , my tank is a Fluval 13.5 reef tank , it had been up and running for 60 days now, I’m curious to know if I should get my first coral or wait off a while longer , I did use Fritz turbo start when first setting up the tank and since have added a pair of clowns a ywg and a tidy little clean up crew to beat an algae bloom I recently had , my water had been tested regularly (every other day) and it’s weekly water changes , I have yet to experience and spikes or fluctuations in this tank am very happy , this is also my first dive into reef keeping as I currently have two freshwater tanks , I’d love to hear any feedback , criticism or advice I am open ears .

IMG_5620.jpeg IMG_5611.jpeg IMG_5617.jpeg IMG_5618.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
N

NateCheck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Sure throw some easier corals in there like zoas, or mushrooms till you get a feel for them and then go all out!
Definitely want to get some Zoas here pretty soon , I do like the way gsp looks at least from viewing in frag tanks but have heard how much they can take over would you recommend it or should I stay away

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , my tank is a Fluval 13.5 reef tank , it had been up and running for 60 days now, I’m curious to know if I should get my first coral or wait off a while longer , I did use Fritz turbo start when first setting up the tank and since have added a pair of clowns a ywg and a tidy little clean up crew to beat an algae bloom I recently had , my water had been tested regularly (every other day) and it’s weekly water changes , I have yet to experience and spikes or fluctuations in this tank am very happy , this is also my first dive into reef keeping as I currently have two freshwater tanks , I’d love to hear any feedback , criticism or advice I am open ears .

Welcome to R2R! Looks good so far. Happy to have you here :)

JustMarks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome aboard

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd ONLY add soft corals at this point. Zoa's would be a great start! Regarding stability, what test kits are you using? I didn't notice if you mentioned whether you used dry rock or live ocean rock, but if you used all dry rock I doubt it's near stable enough for hermatypic (Stony) corals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back