Edmonton: Fedex refusing to ship livestock

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have the same issue. My local FedEx (Houston TX) will not accept the box if they know theres fish/coral in there. My secret to getting them to take it? Don’t tell them what’s in the box! Prepay for your label at home, write fragile GLASS on the box, drop it off at FedEx. It should make it to its destination safe and sound :)

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you found a solution !
Still doesn't make any sense whatsoever, Every coral and fish vendor I've done business with in Canada uses fed ex .
Beats me.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the boxes are clearly marked. LIVE FISH
There's your problem.

Have the Seller repackage it with
>CANADIAN BACON<
stamped all over the box
canadian mountie GIF

OP
OP
davidcalgary29

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have the same issue. My local FedEx (Houston TX) will not accept the box if they know theres fish/coral in there. My secret to getting them to take it? Don’t tell them what’s in the box! Prepay for your label at home, write fragile GLASS on the box, drop it off at FedEx. It should make it to its destination safe and sound :)
That's a good option, but I'm not one for prevarication, even if it's for a good cause. :)

More problematic is the fact that it's the seller who's having issues with FedEx -- not me -- and he has a business to run. I'd think that you'd want to be open with your shipper about your business so that they can accommodate your specific business needs, such as proper temperature control for live animals in an area where temperatures certainly will dip to -40C every winter. But it's increasingly apparent to me that FedEx just doesn't care.

Last edited:

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience of late, FedEx has been very unreliable with shipments down here. The last few shipments of live products have been delayed by two to three days. You might be better off with the different shipper. ;Happy

Back