Eel? ID maybe wrasse or goby?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
6,313
Reaction score
50
Location
Rogers, Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find this guy anywhere. I don't even know if it is an eel.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1407512875.352827.jpg
 
It looks like a curious wormfish, Gunnelichthys curiosus. A very peaceful fish, likes sand, completely reef safe.
 
I haven't seen this guy in a few days. I never saw him eat so I'm thinking he didn't make it :(.
 
If you have an overflow or sump check there. Every single one I have ever kept ended up there.
 
I checked the overflow as well as filter sock, refugium and the rest of the sump. I did not find it in any of those areas. It's now been 4 days without seeing it.
 
I fed the tank a lot of food I read it would eat. Mysis, rods, lps, all with garlic. I also got a non frozen prepared food from a LFS.
 
They are know to dig into the sand if threatened. If something is harassing it, thats the issue.
 
Nothing is bothering it in the tank. Just a tank full of fairy wrasses. It's always had a rock it stayed under and it was out every day a few times. It's now been a week since I saw it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new