Eel tank size

  • Thread starter Thread starter catman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

catman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
Rochester,mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Tessalata and Zebra eel that are outgrowing the 65 they're in, would a 60x18 or 60x24 be big enough if all the rock was supported above the sand allow them the entire bottom to swim around? I do have 180 reef that I could move the livestock into a different tank.Picture is the 180

20250322_082307.jpg
 
I like buried PVC tubes for eel hideouts, and the bigger the better for surface/bottom area.
 
Your 180 would be better. Think about their adult sizes, tessa being around 5 feet long and zebras up there as well. You shouldnt have an eel in a tank they cant stretch out to their full length and swim around in. 180 is too small long term for the tessa. Zebra alone yes 180 minimum. @HAAAAAAAA can help with the tessa, I dont have one but I do have a Zebra.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new