Eel won't eat on CP for 3 weeks

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put Bobby back into the DT last Tuesday and he ate on Wednesday. I guess that when a fish is in an unnatural environment they act very different. PVC pipes aren't the same as rocks and sand.

Great name for a fish! ;)

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had to QT my Kole Tang, Harelquin Tusk, and dwarf golden Moray eel. I've been treating the tank with 45mg/gal of CP. Everyone looks good. No more flashing and both fish are eating.

Now to the problem, my eel hasn't eaten (that I've seen) for 3 weeks. He ate a big chunk the day before the transfer. He is VERY active. He swims all around the tank at night. If I try to feed him, he sometimes takes a sniff and then seems like he's scared of it. I was wondering if it's the CP messing with his sense of smell because of the metal taste.

At what point do I worry? I was thinking about putting the carbon in the filter and starting water changes. Is 21 days enough to kill velvet (or ich, but I think it was velvet)?

I've tried fresh oysters, mussels, squid, clam, etc. He seemed most interested in a silverside before the tusk stole it. In the DT he ate every 3-4 days. When he was swimming around the other night I tried to feed him thinking he was hunting, but he just hid when I opened the lid.
I just went through that same exact thing didn't eat for 4.5 weeks tried everything, after that he broke his hunger strike and ate some squid.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has he eaten what's the progress on this? Mine I still have to beg but he eats like once a week lol.
As I said on page one of this thread, he was eating fine. He would eat everyday if I fed him. When I put food near him he instantly grabs it without even smelling it first. He used to take his time, but not anymore! I guess that is a good sign that he is hungry.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back