Eels!!!!!

Damon Jensen

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2019
Messages
208
Reaction score
160
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great forum. I started about 3 1/2 years ago and new one of my first fish would be a Zebra. I also had a nice ribbon eel. First thing I learn is eels are escape artist. About 3 month in my ribbon eel got out of the tank, I believe with some help from the cat! Lesson learned is don't put the cat tree next to the tank.

My Zebra is awesome, has survived several tank nukes!

Next lesson, $75 lobster dinner. I did not do research, and bought a spiny lobster, did not make it through the night. I believe my triggers helped.

Next lesson, lobsters grow their claws back. I had a small red lobster for about 6 months, and got to watch my eel decide to eat it one day. Only got the claw.

Hunger strike. For about 1 1/2 years, he ate a variety of food. He stopped eating for about 2 months. I tried the normal, squid, shrimp, scallops, and finally he started eating lobster again. So I too visit my lobal butcher shop ae lobster.
 
This is Donnie - 4 foot long Tessalotta - he loves silversides
fullsizeoutput_c5.jpeg
 
My zebra got nose cancer a few months after getting him :confused: I miss him he was cool. I’ll probably get another one with the new setup
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new