Egg crate alternative

me & my baby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,035
Location
Central Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was at the big orange box store today and came across this . So it got me thinking I kinda like that better than egg crate. So I picked one up . Right now I am going to use it for a skimmer stand since it will be awhile till my tank is ready for my normal skimmer . But for 12.99 for this and 22.99 for egg crate .

20251107_190011_933F3939-EE2C-4D00-898C-EBD251B9AB05.png
 
Nice find
 
That will make a much better stand than egg crate. Might even be able to open some of the holes up and make a frag rack or two.
it’s ABS so you can definitely open the holes . Just get you a step bit
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new