Eggs ... trochus ? (Can't find online)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Patx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Patx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
980
Location
Montréal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In refugium.
I have 2 trochus in there. (Around 2 months ago)
Munnid isopod, amphipod, tisbe and other copepode, its a crowded place.

Those eggs coincide whit the introduction of the trochus... but... could be other things.

Its the closer i could get.
Tisbe pod next to it.
1000018820.jpg


I also have these new comer (could be related ?)



Any ideas?

And new flatworm... probably nothing to worry about.
1000018811.jpg
 
I would guess cerith or nassarius
 
I am pretty sure Trochus spawn into the water column, it's what I have seen in my tanks in the past, plumes of snail sperm and eggs, then in a month tons of baby snails clogging every thing in their path
 
I read that you only have 2 kinds but maybe a hitchhiker, since the eggs are there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new