Eheim climacontrol

ToastedRatSandwich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I saw an article about this Eheim climacontrol chiller/heater combo, and was immediately interested. However, I suppose it is too new or still being developed, because i couldnt find a place to inquire on purchasing one. Anyone have any further info on this, as in where or when it may be available to purchase, pricing on the three different models, as well as any positive/negative feedback on the system? Im in the States, so maybe just not available here yet. Thanks for any interest and comments. I'll see if i can add a link for others to look into this system. https://eheim.com/en_GB/aquatics/technology/climate-control-device/climacontrol/climacontrol?c=2528

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would d/l the pdf and see how it is put together.
Is the heater replaceable?
What happens when heater fails to on?
Will the chiller part chill while the heater is running?
Im on slow internet so I cant d/l it

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting.

It looks to be a heat pump that uses Propane as the refrigerant. There would not be a seperate heating or cooling element. Both functions would use the same coil just like a heat pump for your house would work. I could not find any information on the materials used for the water circuit (I would assume Titanium). The electrical source is 230v/50h so I doubt this will be coming to the US market without a revision.

It would be nice to have an all in one system for temperature control. However the noise may be an issue. This will be putting out 47 to 54 decibels when it is cooling or heating. I wouldn't want to add that additional noise to my tank when a normal heater will operate silently.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 99% sure that this is just a rebranded Teco chiller. They heat and cool with a wifi module add in and look almost exactly the same. Since the Teco work well I am sure these will too.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 99% sure that this is just a rebranded Teco chiller. They heat and cool with a wifi module add in and look almost exactly the same. Since the Teco work well I am sure these will too.
Yep, I think you nailed it @Montiman they look identical and have the same specs.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Appears to be for non-US market only

1643922033293.png

OP
OP
ToastedRatSandwich

ToastedRatSandwich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate that info, wasnt aware of a product like this at all. Will be looking into both further and weigh the risks/benefits of such a system. My initial thought was it would be a good piece of equipment as a primary heat/cool unit, and have redundant basic heaters and fans in place in case of malfunction. With the addition of the wifi, i assume it would have an automatic shutdown in place in the event of overheating/cooling.

OP
OP
ToastedRatSandwich

ToastedRatSandwich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I think you nailed it @Montiman they look identical and have the same specs.

Much appreciate the link to this other product, will be looking into it now as well

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back