Eheim Jager heater no longer heating

SnakeCharmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this problem with these a few times over the years.

The light goes on but the coils do not heat up. There does not appear to be any moisture inside the tube. I currently have three of them with this issue.

Has anyone encountered this and is there a remedy? I am very handy at do-it-yourself repairs.

Last edited:

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The light goes on but the coils do not heat up. There does not appear to be any moisture inside the tube. I currently have three of them with this issue.

Has anyone encountered this and is there a remedy? I am very handy at do-it-yourself repairs.

I don’t believe there is supposed to be moisture inside. How can you tell if the coils don’t heat up? It isn’t supposed to be warm to touch. Have you tested it in a small bucket of water with a thermometer?

If really bust I wouldn’t tinker with it, they’re too cheap for that better to be safe

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don’t believe there is supposed to be moisture inside. How can you tell if the coils don’t heat up? It isn’t supposed to be warm to touch. Have you tested it in a small bucket of water with a thermometer?

If really bust I wouldn’t tinker with it, they’re too cheap for that better to be safe

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As EmdeReef says - toss it they're cheap enough, besides why risk your tanks inhabitants to a DIY fix? In the BRS video toss it at the end of it's warranty.

OP
OP
SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you tell if the coils don’t heat up? It isn’t supposed to be warm to touch. Have you tested it in a small bucket of water with a thermometer?

Thanks for your reply.

How I can tell that the coils don't heat up:

1) The aquarium is freezing cold (65 degrees).

2) I can hold the heater with my hand around the coils section and it's continuously cold even with the orange light on.

I am wondering if anyone here has taken these apart and fixed them. It's got to be a simple connection issue.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back