Eheim Pro 4+ 600 plumbing question

Hjnlssmith

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Location
Katy
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal tank that I use an Eheim Pro 4+ 600 canister filter on with hoses going up the back and over the top of the tank.

Someone just gave me their 140gal tank that has 2 bulkhead penetrations on both back corner bottoms. I want to know if it is ok to use the same canister filter through one set of bulkheads instead of running the hoses up the back of the tank and over the top. Does the added pressure create an issue for my filtration canister?

Maybe I can run my second (back-up) filtration canister on the other side of the tank through the other 2 bulkheads.

Thanks for any help/insight offered.

Henry
 
I doubt the added pressure would be problematic, I'd be more concerned with ensuring a watertight fit as bulkheads are generally not made for canister filter hoses, but rather rigid PVC pipe of a specific size.
 
Thanks for the response. No worries regarding the cannister hose integration with the bulkheads. I'll be using proper PVC fittings on both ends of the bulkheads and then getting barbed fitting adapters to tie my hoses in. Also adding cut-off valves below each bulkhead in case I ever need to isolate lines from the canister.

Should have everything I need in a few days and I'll test it all out.

Thanks again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new