Eheim UV 800

  • Thread starter Thread starter GaZZaW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GaZZaW

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
16
Location
Groningen, Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first time, after reefing for 8 plus years and after a tank reboot, I thought I'd get a UV steriliser. I have the eheim reeflex 800 on a red sea reefer XL425. I see that the max flow according to documentation is max 1200l/hr . I have a sicce 1.5 on it which is giving 900 l/hr. Is this enough for bacterial control or should it be closer to max flow from docs.
 
Slower flow improves kill rate of things in the (slower) moving water column.

I think the water will be sparkling most of the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new