Ekoral

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I have heard about this controller...

Here's the website, hope it helps in some way: https://www.ekoral.io

eKoProCS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea read all stuff on web site but was looking for reveiws
Product will go on sale May 2, 2018, you should be able to find more reviews after. If you have any question about the product now, I am more than happy to answer you.

Tiger-Paws

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently contacted ekoral regarding their controller before placing an order for an Apex.

The questions and answers are:

I am in the market for a controller and whould like to know what makes your equipment worth $100.00 USD more than the Neptune Apex?

I am comparing your equipment and would like to know what exactly is the differences before I make my purchase?

Your controller has 6 120v outlets and the Apex has 8. Yet your controller is more expensive, why?

The is no information or reviews about your product yet but I am an still interested. Is there some information (video's) showing the unit interface?

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and thank you for considering our product.

I believe there are many features that set our product apart from others, I will name a few important features below:

1. Water level sensor - We are the first in the industry to utilize ultrasound to detect water level. Because of it being contactless to the water, it can prevent algae build up. It also allow users to set different water level to activate auto top-off without adjusting the actual sensor.

2. 6 independent relay outlet - We put great emphasis on safety when we design our product. Our power strip comes equipped with OCP (Over Current Protection) and OTP (Over Temperature Protection). The 6 outlets are all independent relay, so when one breaks down it doesn’t affect the entire power strip. There is also independent control and individual power meter for each outlet.

3. firmware update via OTA

Above are just a few features that I think make our product unique. There is an unbox and review video from Mad Hatter’s Reef on youtube that you may want to take a look. Here is the link:

Please do not hestitate to contact us should you have more questions about our product.

Thank you,

Eric Tsai

Several things come to mind from ekoral.

Corrospondence from R.O.C. a long way for tech support, why no local service and support (U.S.A.)
I have an ATO which works well, why be forced to purchase another one?
One unboxing and no operational reviews?
No video's showing the user interface?
Too little information for the extra money.

Even GHL is offereing a nice discount (15%) and while I decided against GHL because of the user interface at least they have a U.S.A. service and support group.

I am happy to see another player in the controller market but they have a very long way to go before they are actually ready for the market here in the U.S.A. I have seen this from other companies who do not fully understand the U.S.A., they do not understand the size of the country. A few years ago a British company I was dealing with was blowen away once they found out that it would take up to 11 hours to drive across Texas, their comment was that they could drive across all of England in 6 hours.

I do wish them all success as we need other players in the market.

Last edited:

eKoProCS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently contacted ekoral regarding their controller before placing an order for an Apex.

The questions and answers are:

I am in the market for a controller and whould like to know what makes your equipment worth $100.00 USD more than the Neptune Apex?

I am comparing your equipment and would like to know what exactly is the differences before I make my purchase?

Your controller has 6 120v outlets and the Apex has 8. Yet your controller is more expensive, why?

The is no information or reviews about your product yet but I am an still interested. Is there some information (video's) showing the unit interface?

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and thank you for considering our product.

I believe there are many features that set our product apart from others, I will name a few important features below:

1. Water level sensor - We are the first in the industry to utilize ultrasound to detect water level. Because of it being contactless to the water, it can prevent algae build up. It also allow users to set different water level to activate auto top-off without adjusting the actual sensor.

2. 6 independent relay outlet - We put great emphasis on safety when we design our product. Our power strip comes equipped with OCP (Over Current Protection) and OTP (Over Temperature Protection). The 6 outlets are all independent relay, so when one breaks down it doesn’t affect the entire power strip. There is also independent control and individual power meter for each outlet.

3. firmware update via OTA

Above are just a few features that I think make our product unique. There is an unbox and review video from Mad Hatter’s Reef on youtube that you may want to take a look. Here is the link:

Please do not hestitate to contact us should you have more questions about our product.

Thank you,

Eric Tsai

Several things come to mind from ekoral.

Corrospondence from R.O.C. a long way for tech support, why no local service and support (U.S.A.)
I have an ATO which works well, why be forced to purchase another one?
One unboxing and no operational reviews?
No video's showing the user interface?
Too little information for the extra money.

Even GHL is offereing a nice discount (15%) and while I decided against GHL because of the user interface at least they have a U.S.A. service and support group.

I am happy to see another player in the controller market but they have a very long way to go before they are actually ready for the market here in the U.S.A. I have seen this from other companies who do not fully understand the U.S.A., they do not understand the size of the country. A few years ago a British company I was dealing with was blowen away once they found out that it would take up to 11 hours to drive across Texas, their comment was that they could drive across all of England in 6 hours.

I do wish them all success as we need other players in the market.

Thank you for your feedback, let me try to answer your concerns below.

We do have a RMA program that helps address customer's concern about the product. There is also a built in system diagnosis function in the App that users can have access to anytime.

We do offer a starter kit option that doesn't come with a water level sensor that people may consider.

There are more reviews on the way, and will be shared on R2R when they come out.

OP
OP
R

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my Ekoral controller and hook up was a breeze no programming easy set up so far so good

OP
OP
R

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great support helped me set it up and anseered all questions i really like mine

njohnson2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great support helped me set it up and anseered all questions i really like mine
Great to hear reefwreck.

They have answered all of my questions via email. I have be pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness.

eKoral has made it a hard decision!

OP
OP
R

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home screen
E03D11B4-3314-4056-BD31-BE3CE85D06C9.png

OP
OP
R

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple set up for level sensor heater skimmer run whole tank make sure you get level sensor even if you just order starter kit it works great set it forget it

njohnson2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not very good at reviewing stuff but you get the idea
This is great. Do you happen to have a powerhead or pump schedule loaded? If so, I would love to see that.

Thanks for the quick posts reefwreck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back