Elegance abandoning base?

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 1/2 of my elegance has become detached from it's base , otherwise looks healthy to me. Is this something I need to be concerned about or any action to be taken?

Thanks

IMG_2300 copy.jpg

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be concerned. Polyp bailout is never good news. Is anything able to reach it as far as stinging? Could any of your fish be picking at it? A long long time ago I had a purple tang who loved elegance. I never would have believed it was him that destroyed my colony until I saw him swimming with a tentacle in his mouth.

OP
OP
DC Reefer

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen anything picking at it. There is a yellow tang in the tank and a 6 line wrasse. The bailout started when the Elegance was in a corner, it had low flow but was waving the flow some. I moved it to a less flow area of the tank thinking that might be the problem, it is in close proximity to a RFA but the closes I have either one is about 3 inches away from each other.

OP
OP
DC Reefer

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The elegance has totally abandoned its base. it doesn’t look in too bad of shape. is it salvageable or should I toss?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What wound up happening? I hope it made it!

I'm following because I have an elegance coral and want to know everything I can about their care.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DC Reefer

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still hanging on. My only concern is it gets drug around by an urchin and don’t want it to get stung or sting anything. May have to move one or the other to a different tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back