Elegance Coral

juliersavage

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Location
Keller
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started with retraction of tentacles about a week ago. Then I started noticing white discoloration around the mouth. It no longer has the sticky tentacles. I fed it a small piece of krill last night and it seemed okay. I haven't seen any of the webbing or excretion like is described with syndrome but it just doesn't look like it used to. Any advice is appreciated. First photo is how it used to look to current.

Screenshot_20240619_132359_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240619_132359_Gallery.jpg 20240619_132635.jpg
 
It started with retraction of tentacles about a week ago. Then I started noticing white discoloration around the mouth. It no longer has the sticky tentacles. I fed it a small piece of krill last night and it seemed okay. I haven't seen any of the webbing or excretion like is described with syndrome but it just doesn't look like it used to. Any advice is appreciated. First photo is how it used to look to current.

Screenshot_20240619_132359_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240619_132359_Gallery.jpg 20240619_132635.jpg
Start with parameters and stuff but look up elegance coral syndrome. At first blush it looks like ECS. And look up the very well done article on it in Coral magazine last issuance. It gives a diagnosis and treatment regime
 
I will take a look at that article, thanks. I had previously read on the fresh dip for the syndrome, but wanted to be sure it wasn't something I needed to correct with what I'm doing. Tank is only about 10-11 months and is a 60-gallon cube.
Salinity 1.025
Temp 77.6
Alk 8
Po4 .06
No3 27.1 (thorn in my side)
Mag 1480
Cal 450
Change socks every other day/ Skimmer/ Run gfo/ Started Zeovit regimen about 1.5 months ago. 10% water change weekly vacuum sand bed. BRS 4 stage for RO. Fritz blue box salt
Rehomed a baby cowfish recently that was pecking on corals (sadness) thought that might be what was wrong with tentacles being retracted. The lack of color started shortly after that, but no mucus. It got really "poofy" looking one day, then normalized the following.
Leopard wrasse
Blue side fairy
2 storm clowns
3 chromes
3-stripe damsel (jerk)
baby Bristle tooth
Softies and LPS - all look happy
Gonipower and Dinkens Phyto supplement/ Feed frozen brine and live baby mysis. Frozen Krill for the elegance and reef roids. Supplements target fed probably 1xweek
Flow is as recommended PAR about 100 last time I checked
Thats everything I can think of... Any input is appreciated.
 
Could anyone with more elegance experience chime in on if a fresh water dip could hurt at this point? If so what to expect... Thnx
 
I held out on the dipping since I wasn't sure, the info yall gave, and every day it looked very different. I noticed my mag was really high. So I did larger water change and the elegance looks very happy today. Can someone suggest optimal mag/cal level for this coral? Also frequency of feeding? One read said once a week and another said 4x a week.I haven't found much info on this yet. Thank you for all help so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new