Elegance coral

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My week old elegance coral is closing up and not opening open to ideas? I got it March 22nd and it was doing fine but then it started to slowly degrading.

I did dip it in coral rx

Alk 8.9
Phosphate. 07
Nitrate 5.2
Calcium 445
Mag 1263

20250407_150125.jpg 20250407_150104.jpg
 
Sorry to hear you lost it. For future reference, that doesn't look like ECS IMO. I've only seen pale colouration and retracted flesh like that when the coral is getting too much light. I've been ramping my lights for over a year now and my elegance still kicks off every so often. I dial the lights back a few percent and it's out again a few days later.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new