Elegance Corals

techlifejourney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, it was sold as a Australian and it's skeleton looks similar to yours. I've had it for almost 2 years now. I think Indos have the cone shape while australian ones have this shape that we have.
elegance.jpeg

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, it was sold as a Australian and it's skeleton looks similar to yours. I've had it for almost 2 years now. I think Indos have the cone shape while australian ones have this shape that we have.
elegance.jpeg
Nice! what are you feeding it and how often?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elegance.jpeg
Don't mean to harass you but......

Completely false information here, and no idea where this information started and has just spread as word of mouth. The formation of the skeleton is just where they are collected from. Conical shaped bases are collected from the sandbed, while flatter shapes are collected/fragged from the rock work.

Similar to wall or branching hammers. Same coral, just different growth patterns. Has nothing to do with what region they are collected from.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my elegance's are aussie( LFS showed me the shipping label, and invoice from the supplier in AU. Over the years we have become close friends so he did not hesitate to show me), and both have conical bases. FWIW.

techlifejourney

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't mean to harass you but......

Completely false information here, and no idea where this information started and has just spread as word of mouth. The formation of the skeleton is just where they are collected from. Conical shaped bases are collected from the sandbed, while flatter shapes are collected/fragged from the rock work.

Similar to wall or branching hammers. Same coral, just different growth patterns. Has nothing to do with what region they are collected from.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was always told otherwise. Is there a way to determine australian vs indo vs malaysian based on other characteristics by any chance?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have Huge Australian and very hardy

428B1E7B-44F5-4D0D-916C-57D55E795A43.jpeg
0231504F-ACE9-4D3E-8F1B-C06B81FCF2BD.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back