Elegance Sting Risk

  • Thread starter Thread starter richserpe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

richserpe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2023
Messages
160
Reaction score
141
Location
Clark
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

As is the case with most of us, I just purchased a really stunning Elegance from my LFS. And as with most of us, I had limited space to house him. I found a spot with low flow and medium par and he seems to be happy. The issue is that he’s really close to some mushrooms and Acans and when he’s fully extended his sweepers sometimes brush them. In your experience, will he kill the mushrooms and Acans? I have researched this a bit and the general consensus is that the Elegance is a powerful stinger and will always win. So far they are not showing any signs of stress or damage. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_4308.jpeg IMG_4309.jpeg
 
IME, the coral near your elegance are at risk. Mine killed approx. 1/4 of a fungia plate coral and a portion of a cyphastrea. Relocated the elegance to a spot where it is happy but the only thing it can reach with its sweepers is a sinularia that is actually left over from a large sinularia I cut and moved, so I'm really not concerned about the leather.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new