Elements A & K powder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are there any plans to sell elements A & K as dry powders for it to be more cost effective, etc?

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any plans to sell elements A & K as dry powders for it to be more cost effective, etc?
I am doing the R & D at Tropic Marin and I have already thought about this. I did not get to a positive decision yet since it is not as easy as it may seem. It is much easier to prepare a solution than a good salt mix, although we have good salt mixers.

I will think about it again and hopefully I will find a way how it might work as products. Thank you for your suggestion.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing the R & D at Tropic Marin and I have already thought about this. I did not get to a positive decision yet since it is not as easy as it may seem. It is much easier to prepare a solution than a good salt mix, although we have good salt mixers.

I will think about it again and hopefully I will find a way how it might work as products. Thank you for your suggestion.

If supply is there how about a larger container size for hobbyist of TM AFR :) 1600 grams is nice but a larger size would be even better :D

Hope you and team TM are doing well. Keep up the great work.

Roli's Reef Ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If supply is there how about a larger container size for hobbyist of TM AFR :) 1600 grams is nice but a larger size would be even better :D

There you have it from the man who made modern reefing chemistry possible. I'm still amazed that people aren't using the Balling method (and we know they aren't doing massive water changes either). My tanks have responded amazingly well since making the change over a year ago.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There you have it from the man who made modern reefing chemistry possible. I'm still amazed that people aren't using the Balling method (and we know they aren't doing massive water changes either). My tanks have responded amazingly well since making the change over a year ago.

To 3 part / balling? Looks like a solid option. I'm pretty thrilled with All For Reef but as the display matures I may swap to the balling solution. Then again I have to say I'm a fan of TM.

Reef_Curiosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To 3 part / balling? Looks like a solid option. I'm pretty thrilled with All For Reef but as the display matures I may swap to the balling solution. Then again I have to say I'm a fan of TM.
You can do both, as the original Balling method is by Tropic Marin's very own wonder: Hans-Werner Balling who replied above :)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do both, as the original Balling method is by Tropic Marin's very own wonder: Hans-Werner Balling who replied above :)

Yes, I saw that. While I wasn't clear in my post the reason for a change, if that is, would be due to TM AFR cost. The largest size of powder we can buy as hobbyist is 1600g. I'm currently dosing 130 ml/day and as the display matures it will go up. Thus looking at other options within the product range to keep things inline.

Cost is all part of the hobby I'm aware - just part of my planning is all. I am a fan of their products.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is a 33.5 lb container of afr powder. I just have not been able to get it stateside yet! Looks to sell around 350.00 U.S. over in Europe though.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I go through 1.5 containers of the 1600g containers a month on my reef. Uptake is only increasing too lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back