Email notifications

  • Thread starter Thread starter jduong916
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
How do I stop receiving email notifications? I dont mind the alert on the website, I just dont need to be emailed.
If you select your profile, and select alert preferences, you should be able to turn off email alerts from there.
 
It gives me the option of not receiving an alert. I want to receive the alert, I just dont want to be emailed. I dont know where that option is.
 
It gives me the option of not receiving an alert. I want to receive the alert, I just dont want to be emailed. I dont know where that option is.
Try preferences then, there's email options there.
 
I turned all of that off earlier and i got an email notification when you responded lol
Lets see if any of the #mods can help then :)
 
Try this. Under preferences, it defaults to auto watch threads you participate in. I believe it also defaults to "and receive emails". I personally keep that unchecked as to not get an email anytime a thread I've participated in gets activity, but I do get notices.

If there is a particular thread I want to receive emails on, you can turn it on for that thread only by clicking more options under the text block.

There are also some email options under contact details.

Screenshot_20180110-185540.jpg
 
Try this. Under preferences, it defaults to auto watch threads you participate in. I believe it also defaults to "and receive emails". I personally keep that unchecked as to not get an email anytime a thread I've participated in gets activity, but I do get notices.

If there is a particular thread I want to receive emails on, you can turn it on for that thread only by clicking more options under the text block.

There are also some email options under contact details.

Screenshot_20180110-185540.jpg
I have all of those email options unchecked but i'm still getting emails.
 
I have all of those email options unchecked but i'm still getting emails.

Are you referring to emails that someone has posted in a thread you're watching (as in did you get an email saying I posted here), or the general emails from the forum?
 
emails from any thread ive commented on or created

Last question...you said the boxes aren't checked now. Did you do that recently or were they unchecked prior? If it was done recently, you'll likely to still get emails on your older posts.
 
Last question...you said the boxes aren't checked now. Did you do that recently or were they unchecked prior? If it was done recently, you'll likely to still get emails on your older posts.
I think the first box was unchecked, then i unchecked during this post
 
you know what i think youre right, I'm only getting emails for this thread. I posted in another after this and have not received emails
 
I think the first box was unchecked, then i unchecked during this post

you know what i think youre right, I'm only getting emails for this thread. I posted in another after this and have not received emails

Sounds like maybe we got it...

Now on to more important things...your avatar. Did you make the table/island? I'm a wood junky at heart...it looks nice.
 
Sounds like maybe we got it...

Now on to more important things...your avatar. Did you make the table/island? I'm a wood junky at heart...it looks nice.
LOL yes I did, that is 2 inch thick solid walnut with mineral oil and beeswax sealer.
 
LOL yes I did, that is 2 inch thick solid walnut with mineral oil and beeswax sealer.

Really beautiful and I can only see the top...lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new