Emerald Crab eating Hermits!!! Help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple months ago I bought an emerald crab for my 10g to take care of some hair algae. I've seen it eating the hair algae sometimes but tonight when I turned on the tank lights it was munching on a hermit.

At first I didn't know what it was eating and then I looked closer and saw a hermit with its abdomen eaten off and it's shell right next to the emerald.
 
A couple months ago I bought an emerald crab for my 10g to take care of some hair algae. I've seen it eating the hair algae sometimes but tonight when I turned on the tank lights it was munching on a hermit.

At first I didn't know what it was eating and then I looked closer and saw a hermit with its abdomen eaten off and it's shell right next to the emerald.
My emerald ate my sand sifting starfish :mad:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new