Emerald Crab growth

dont.ask.me

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am new to the saltwater aquarium world. I've only been at it a couple months now and have a 65g FOWLR. I have had 2 emerald crabs in my tank from about week 3, and one of them has developed a strange growth or parasite or something. Has anyone seen anything like this, or have any idea what this is?

PXL_20231223_020759418.jpg
 
Thank you everyone. I'll try pulling the cram and seeing if I can pluck it JIC. I'll update if I can remove it and/or get a better look at it.
 
Upvote 0
Pull off if safe as you dont want to wait for a molt an allow it to multiply
An option to pulling off is to apply a dab of gel superglue over opening then you can discard when a molt occurs
 
Upvote 0
Absolutely. I'll use that backup plan. Last thing I want is for those critters taking over the tank. I still have a lot to learn!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new