Emerald Crab missing

1stborn4coral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2021
Messages
82
Reaction score
31
Location
Potsdam
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
So I got an Emerald Crab last weds 2/17. The first day I put him in he was out and about for about a hour, then gone. I haven't seen him since, is this ok or should I have seen him again by now? Not super worried but figured I would ask.
 
Hey Everyone,
So I got an Emerald Crab last weds 2/17. The first day I put him in he was out and about for about a hour, then gone. I haven't seen him since, is this ok or should I have seen him again by now? Not super worried but figured I would ask.
They always do it mate he will pop up eventually . Changed my scape other day n after couldn't find my crab, it was hidden in the rock that was in a bucket that id just took out drying . Was sound out of water for anout 7 hours still fine now
 
I have 3. I only see 1 at a time, Every couple of days. They hang out in the rocks all day. Look for it at night with a flashlight. Do you have any possible predators in there?
 
I have 3. I only see 1 at a time, Every couple of days. They hang out in the rocks all day. Look for it at night with a flashlight. Do you have any possible predators in there?
No I don't think so, I have 2 Clowns, a firefish, a bicolor Blenny, and a peppermint shrimp. Along with a clean up crew off blue leg hermits and snails, so nothing that should bother him. I wasn't to worried and figured he was hiding but figured I would ask on here.
 
I have 3. I only see 1 at a time, Every couple of days. They hang out in the rocks all day. Look for it at night with a flashlight. Do you have any possible predators in there?
Nah none i had one emerald rip another apart about 2 weeks ago
 
Mine loves to hide in a small crack in my rock, when I have my blue lights on he reappears. Try looking for your emerald with blue lights on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new