Emerald crab

johnnycamp5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
240
Reaction score
93
Location
Woodbridge
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past couple of mornings I’ve noticed him chilling on this digitata.

The Forest fire digi seems no worse for the wear though.

I’m just wondering if I should relegate it to the sump lol

IMG_6921.jpeg IMG_6931.jpeg
 
Completely normal. Mine chills in my Milka stylo every night. The stylo has grow a ton since I’ve taken this pic. It doesn’t seem to care.
IMG_1513.jpeg
 
The past couple of mornings I’ve noticed him chilling on this digitata.

The Forest fire digi seems no worse for the wear though.

I’m just wondering if I should relegate it to the sump lol

IMG_6921.jpeg IMG_6931.jpeg
If the coral seems happy and you don't notice him eating it then don't worry. I've had them do the same thing.
 
Thanks good to know.

In my other cube tank I’ve also noticed an emerald crab chilling (or hugging) at the base (skeleton) of a joker torch.

Its facing up with pinchers towards the polyps…but again I see no evidence of it actually eating the coral itself.

I’ve suppose I’ve convinced myself that they will start eating the corals polyps eventually, because of some of what I have read lol

But It’s not happening yet
“knock on wood” and perhaps it never will
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new