OP
OP
Diznaster

Diznaster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, just noticed this today.. kinda hoping she was just going after something on the tree? wishful thinking..

my tank is mostly clean, but if she was going to be a coral eater, how about the endless amount of ugly trash zoas i have on my live rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'd pay to find a fish that just annihilates zoas like they're going out of business

Funny that's exactly what I thought at first, oh your just cleaning a spot from the coral. The I saw it there the next few nights and realized all the missing flesh.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to necro the thread!

Has anyone had an emerald eat frogspawn? My frogspawn is suddenly closed up and two heads look picked on. I added the emerald, two blue-legged hermits, and a chaeto refugium on Sunday. I noticed the start of the problem Tuesday morning. It's gotten worse. I haven't seen the emerald or the hermits bothering the frogspawn, but I can't watch all the time.

Cheers,
rant

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Has anyone had an emerald eat frogspawn? My frogspawn is suddenly closed up and two heads look picked on. I added the emerald, two blue-legged hermits, and a chaeto refugium on Sunday. I noticed the start of the problem Tuesday morning. It's gotten worse. I haven't seen the emerald or the hermits bothering the frogspawn, but I can't watch all the time.

Cheers,
rant
Emerald crabs are not to be trusted and ive seen them not eat them but pull the polyps off for no good reason.

rantipole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. Thanks for the info.

I'm now thinking the problem is something worse. Will make a separate thread for it. j

Cheers,
rant

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cheers,
rant
I was watching my tank and saw my emerald just picking and eating tentacles off of mu torch so I bet this could have happened. Once I saw this he was banished to the sump where he lives now.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back