Emerald crabs

Unstoppable algae!

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
182
Reaction score
86
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can somebody post a picture of emerald crab damage to an sps coral?

Long story short I had to combine my QT and main display, meaning I added several large emeralds. About a week later there are large patches (some almost a penny) where there are no polyps just unhappy sps skin.
I’m suspecting it’s the crabs as nothing changes and at any given time there are 2 to 3 emeralds chilling in my acros…

Thoughts? IMG_2581.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2580.mov
    12.4 MB
time to evict. if that was the only change you did, my only other guess would be lingering contaminants from the QT (ex: copper, etc). try sending out an ICP whilst removing the emeralds.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new