Emerald's Ultimate Quarantine Tank

NewB87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask... How did the wife/girlfriend feel about u taking up her table to fold laundry lol :)

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice design, but a few things I'd keep in mind: when adding fish to the QT you still pose the same risk as with a display tank to the current occupants of the QT. Not as big of a loss as an entire display, but still something to keep in mind especially if you end up treating for something. Also not all meds are coral / invert safe and all compartments share the same water.

I would have considered dividing the sump portion in half. One for the fish compartments in case you have to treat and one for coral / inverts so there is no worries with medications or having to relocate so you can medicate.

OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to ask... How did the wife/girlfriend feel about u taking up her table to fold laundry lol :)

Lol there isn't much space between the washer and dryer and the folding table so it really wasn't practical as a folding table.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice design, but a few things I'd keep in mind: when adding fish to the QT you still pose the same risk as with a display tank to the current occupants of the QT. Not as big of a loss as an entire display, but still something to keep in mind especially if you end up treating for something. Also not all meds are coral / invert safe and all compartments share the same water.

I would have considered dividing the sump portion in half. One for the fish compartments in case you have to treat and one for coral / inverts so there is no worries with medications or having to relocate so you can medicate.

I'm just going to use garlic ;). Just kidding! I considered the things you have mentioned.

Yes I'm aware it puts the other inhabitants at risk but that beats infecting my entire tank with an illness. It is also way easier to get a fish out of this system than my display. I don't plan on medicating with copper because I will probably keep inverts too and copper sticks around for a long time.

Hyposalinity would probably be one of the few things I would consider.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great setup.

OP
OP
emerald525

emerald525

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my quarantine tank!

Well it's been over 2 months now. QT Tank is doing great!1smile1

Just an update tank is up and running and has gone through the cycling process. I have already Qt'd a few fish for the Lakeridge school.

DSC02891ARW.jpg

DSC02892ARW.jpg

Nice DIY cover!

DSC02893ARW.jpg

I have this nice Helfrichi firefish that is just going to stay in here. She is doing well and eating well and I moved her to my frag tank 2 days ago BUT.. I felt this wet thing on my foot and it turned out she had jumped :squigglemouth: Put her back in and about an hour later she was laying on the mesh cover. She could fit through the mesh. I didn't want to try for number 3 so back in the QT tank she went and is doing well! :)

DSC02882ARW.jpg

Just added this Sunburst anthia that we got from Premium Aquarium yesterday. She is still getting used to her new home.

DSC02885ARW.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back