(Emergency) clownfish with… brooklynella?

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so I had another forum I was posting in about this, however I wasn’t able to get a answer about my latest concerns, since my clownfish has worsened in deciding to repost this

I have my storm clownfish in a 10 gallon quarantine because he was exposed to what I believe and others have said is brooklynella, the water parameters last I checked were 0 ammonia, 5 nitrite (test doesn’t go higher) and around 20 nitrate

I have been treating with ruby rally pro for the last 3 days and he recently has worsened, I treated with it last night and when I woke up this morning he was worse

I am preparing a freshwater dip asap but I’m worried as these are the symptoms my other clownfish showed before she died

He is just sitting on the bottom lethargic, yesterday he was energetic and going pretty good, when I get back home in around 30 minutes I’m going to test water parameters, this is a picture of him from last night as I don’t have one from today, but I will soon

it might be helpful to go to my old thread, sorry for posting another one
1707578566703.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello so I had another forum I was posting in about this, however I wasn’t able to get a answer about my latest concerns, since my clownfish has worsened in deciding to repost this

I have my storm clownfish in a 10 gallon quarantine because he was exposed to what I believe and others have said is brooklynella, the water parameters last I checked were 0 ammonia, 5 nitrite (test doesn’t go higher) and around 20 nitrate

I have been treating with ruby rally pro for the last 3 days and he recently has worsened, I treated with it last night and when I woke up this morning he was worse

I am preparing a freshwater dip asap but I’m worried as these are the symptoms my other clownfish showed before she died

He is just sitting on the bottom lethargic, yesterday he was energetic and going pretty good, when I get back home in around 30 minutes I’m going to test water parameters, this is a picture of him from last night as I don’t have one from today, but I will soon

it might be helpful to go to my old thread, sorry for posting another one
1707578566703.png
How is fish breathing?
If normal, you can give it a 5 minute freshwater bath for temporary relief
While a formalin based bath works best, it’s difficult to find and a good option is ruby rally pro
While tank safe, I would treat in a separate tank
What other fish are in the tank with it and how do they look?

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is fish breathing?
If normal, you can give it a 5 minute freshwater bath for temporary relief
While a formalin based bath works best, it’s difficult to find and a good option is ruby rally pro
While tank safe, I would treat in a separate tank
What other fish are in the tank with it and how do they look?
unfortunately the clownfish already died despite my best efforts, he was my favorite clownfish

everything else died due to brooklynella in my main tank, this was a quarantine

I’m not sure how long to wait to add fish again, is there a way to cleanse the tank? Bleach to kill all the parasites, or keep putting ruby rally pro, ect?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
unfortunately the clownfish already died despite my best efforts, he was my favorite clownfish

everything else died due to brooklynella in my main tank, this was a quarantine

I’m not sure how long to wait to add fish again, is there a way to cleanse the tank? Bleach to kill all the parasites, or keep putting ruby rally pro, ect?
Sorry to hear
Ruby or if sterilizing- vinegar and water

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, thank you, you’ve really been a help, how long should I wait if I’m adding that to the water to add new fish? Like if I add ruby how long should I wait
No need to wait but allow 15 minutes to fully dissipate. Water will a slight greenish tint

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back