Emergency light

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
80
Reaction score
64
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night my ai prime pick fell into my tank. My two manderins and my nem are not showing any issues. Luckily the light seems to have a good protection circuit. The mount for these are junk. I ordered a new light and plan on reinforcing the mount. It'll be about three days before I get a new one. I fed the tank a little more than usual to hopefully tide the nem over. In the meantime should I use like a desk lamp for a few hours to everyday just to give it some light? Obviously not right up against the tank. Just wondering some experienced nem keepers thoughts.
 
A nem can go 3 days without light.
I’ve done 3 day black outs with no problem. You can use the desktop light for light
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new